Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : BIOMETRIC HAND DORSAL VEIN IDENTIFICATION BASED A PHYSICAL ACCCESS CONTROL SYSTEM
Volume 03 Issue 07 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 204-207
Abstract – In the modern world, there is a demand to adopt the biometric technology to provide physical access control. in these decade various biometric methods are introduced to solve various security risks such as eye iris identification ,finger print verification and face recognition. But each of them above method has its own disadvantages. In my proposed project dorsal hand vein identification system is considered as the biometric characteristics to provide physical access control. It provides high security and efficient physical access control. The dorsal vein of the hand is varied for every person. Using image acquisition device, database is formed and various image processing methods are used to provide accurate and efficient authentication in the highly secure area and hotel rooms.
Keywords— biometric identification; dorsal hand vein; digital image processing; person identification
- “An Automatic Physical Access Control System Based on Hand Vein Biometric Identification.” Yiding Wang, Wei Xie, Xiaojie Yu, and Lik-Kwan Shark, IEEE member.
- “ Hand-Dorsa Vein Recognition by Matching Local Features of Multisource Key points” Di Huang, Member, IEEE, Yinhang Tang, Yiding Wang, Liming Chen, Senior Member, IEEE, and Yunhong Wang, Member, IEEE
- “An Biometric Identification System by Extracting Hand Vein Patterns” Sang-Kyun Im, Hyung-Man Park_, Young-Woo Kim, Sang-Chan Han, Soo-Won Kim and Chul-Hee Kang
- J. A. Unar, W. C. Seng, and A. Abbasi, “A review of biometric technology along with trends and prospects,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 47, pp. 2673-2688,2014.
- “A Low Cost System for Dorsal Hand Vein Patterns Recognition Using Curvelets.” Ricardo Janes, Augusto Ferreira Brand˜ao J´uniorDep. of Engineering, Energy and Electrical Automation.
- “Feature extraction of finger vein patterns based on repeated line tracking and its application to personal identification” – N. Miura, A. Nagasaka, and T. Miyatake, 2004
- “Human identification using knuckle codes” – A. Kumar and Y. Zhou, 2009
- P. M. Corcoran, “Biometrics and consumer electronics: a brave new world othe road to dystopia?” IEEE Consumer Electron. Magazine, vol. 2, no. 2, pp.22-33, Apr. 2013.
- K. Lee, and H. Byun, “A new face authentication system for memoryc constrained devices,” IEEE Trans. Consumer Electron., vol. 49, no. 4, pp.1214-1222, Nov. 2003.
- Z. Liu, and S. Song, “An embedded real-time finger-vein recognitionsystem for mobile devices,” IEEE Trans. Consumer Electron., vol. 58,no. 2, pp. 522-527, May 2012