Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : EXPERIMENTAL STUDIES ON STRENGTH OF CONCRETE ON PARTIAL REPLACEMENT OF CEMENT BY HYPOSLUDGE
Volume 03 Issue 07 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 235-239
Abstract – This project is concerned with experimental investigation on strength of concrete and optimum percentage of the partial replacement by replacing cement via Hypo Sludge.Hypo sludge is the preliminary waste from paper industry and contains low calcium and maximum calcium chloride and minimum amount of silica. Hypo sludge behaves like cement because of silica and magnesium properties. The present paper deals with studies I made in which the cement has been replaced by waste paper sludge accordingly in the range of 10%, 20%, 30% by weight for M20.By using adequate amount of the waste paper pulp and water, concrete mixtures were produced and compared in terms of slump and strength with the conventional concrete. The strength parameters include compressive strength, split tensile strength and the flexural strength.
Keywords— Hypo sludge, Concrete strength, Supplementary Cementitious Materials (SCM)
- International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE) ISSN: 2278-3075, Volume-2, Issue-3, February 2013.
- BULETINUL Institute Polytechnic Publicat de University Tehnicăl „Gheorghe Asachi” din Iaşi Tomul LVI (LX), Fasc. 1, 2010 Secţia CONSTRUCŢII. ĂRHITECTURĂ R. SRINIVASAN, *K. SATHIYA and M. PALANISAMY
- International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT) – Volume 4 Issue 9- Sep 2013 Prof. Jayeshkumar Pitroda1, Dr. L.B.Zala2, Dr.F.S.Umrigar3.
- Mr. R. Balamurugan et al Int. Journal of Engineering Research and Applications ISSN : 2248-9622, Vol. 4, Issue 4( Version 1), April 2014, pp.430-435
- First International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering, Management and Scineces” December 28-30, 2014 (ICETEMS-2014) Peshawar, Pakistan
- International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Engineering (IJETE) Volume 1 Issue 7, August 2014, ISSN 2348 – 8050.
- IS: 12269:1987, Indian Standard Ordinary Portland cement, 53 Grade — Specification.
- IS: 383-1970, Indian Standard Specification For Course And Fine Aggregates From Natural Sources For Concrete.
- IS: 10262-1982, Indian Standard Concrete Mix Proportioning – Guidelines, Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi
- Shetty M. S, Concrete Technology theory and Practice, S. Chand and Company Ltd, New Delhi.
- IS: 516-1959, Methods of test for Strength of concrete, Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi