Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 07 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 24-26
Abstract – The main aim of this project is to remove the shell in groundnut. On the present manual process by beating with stick and using some other special manual equipment’s time taken for groundnut shell removal is more. A better process is to be evolved. This shell removal operation is done without using any electrical power. This machine is ecofriendly. Shelling of groundnut is a tedious and time consuming process. Commercial available hand operated shell removal process require more energy with less output. An attempt was made to develop and evaluate pedal operated groundnut sell removal. The study revealed that, the pedal operated shell removal gave an output of maximum which was more than hand operated decorticator hand shelling .The difference in unit cost of operation for the unit was appreciably less than that of hand operated decorticator. By considering less fatigue to the operator and higher output, the pedal operated decorticator could be advantageously used for decortication of groundnut. Decortication of groundnut in which the pods is pressed between the thumb and first finger.This process is a traditional method. This method is mostly used in rural areas. This method is very tiresome. It has been observed that the efficiency and productivity with hand operated groundnut decorticator and the traditional method is less. Due to this tire some working operation, Commercial available hand operated decorticators require more energy with less output. By considering this pedal operated groundnut decorticator is beneficial for decortications of groundnut pods.
Keywords— Wooden roller;Decortication; Traditional method
- PSG design data book, PSG College of technology Coimbatore 641004.
- Materials and manufacturing: electromagnetic forming of sheet metal.
- Amae int. j. on manufacturing and material science.
- Design of machine element by R.S. Khurmi for beam.
- Journal of Natural Sciences Research ISSN 2224-3186 (Paper) ISSN 2225-0921 (Online) Vol.4, No.24, 2014.
- International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering (An ISO 3297: 2007 Certified Organization), Vol. 3, Issue 12, December 2015.
- Open Journal of Optimization,2013, 2, 26-32 (http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/ojop.2013.21004)