Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 07 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 32-35
Abstract – Data are formed at a huge number of sensor node and processed in network at intermediate hops to a base station (BS) that performs decision-making. Our goal is to design provenance encoding and decoding mechanism that satisfies such security needs. In-packet Bloom filters allow only one to forward source-routed packets with minimal forwarding tables. The Bloom filter encodes the nature of the links that packet need to be forwarded over. As sensor networks are being more and more deployed in the decision-making infrastructures such as battlefield monitoring systems, SCADA making decision makers to alter the reliability of the collected data which is a decisive so we introduce proficient mechanisms for provenance verification and rebuilding at the base station. In addition, we extend the secure provenance method with functionality to identify packet drop attacks dramated by malicious data forwarding nodes.
Keywords— Data provenance, Wireless Sensor Network, Bloom Filtering, Encryption, Decryption
- H. Lim, Y. Moon, and E. Bertino, “Provenance-Based Trustworthiness Assessment in Sensor Networks,” Proc. Seventh Int’l Workshop Data Management for Sensor Networks, pp. 2-7, 2010.
- I. Foster, J. Vockler, M. Wilde, and Y. Zhao, “Chimera: A Virtual Data System for Representing, Querying, and Automating Data Derivation,” Proc. Conf. Scientific and Statistical Database Management, pp. 37-46, 2002.
- K. Muniswamy-Reddy, D. Holland, U. Braun, and M. Seltzer, “Provenance-Aware Storage systems,” Proc. USENIX Ann. Technical Conf., pp. 4-4, 2006.
- Y. Simmhan, B. Plale, and D. Gannon, “A Survey of Data Provenance in E-Science,” ACM SIGMOD Record, vol. 34, pp. 31-36, 2005.
- R. Hasan, R. Sion, and M. Winslett, “The Case of the Fake Picasso: Preventing History Forgery with Secure Provenance,”Proc. Seventh Conf. File and Storage Technologies (FAST), pp. 1-14, 2009.
- S. Madden, J. Franklin, J. Hellerstein, and W. Hong, “TAG: A Tiny Aggregation Service for Ad-Hoc Sensor Networks,” ACM SIGOPS Operating Systems Rev., vol. 36, no. SI, pp. 131-146, Dec. 2002.
- K. Dasgupta, K. Kalpakis, and P. Namjoshi, “An Efficient Clustering Based Heuristic for Data Gathering and Aggregation in Sensor Networks,” Proc. Wireless Comm. and Networking Conf., pp. 1948-1953, 2003.
- S. Sultana, E. Bertino, and M. Shehab, “A Provenance Based Mechanism to Identify Malicious Packet Dropping Adversaries in Sensor Networks,” Proc. Int’l Conf. Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS) Workshops, pp. 332-338, 2011.
- L. Fan, P. Cao, J. Almeida, and A.Z. Broder, “Summary Cache: A Scalable Wide-Area Web Cache Sharing Protocol,” IEEE/ACM Trans. Networking, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 281-293, June 2000.
- A.KirschandM.Mitzenmacher,“Distance-Sensitive Bloom Filters, ”Proc. Workshop Algorithm Eng. and Experiments, pp.41-50, 2006.
- C. Rothenberg, C. Macapuna, M. Magalhaes, F. Verdi, and A. Wiesmaier, “In-Packet Bloom Filters: Design and Networking Applications,”ComputerNetworks, vol.55, no.6, pp.1364-1378, 2011.
- M. Garofalakis, J. Hellerstein, and P. Maniatis, “Proof Sketches: Veriﬁable In-Netwok Aggregation,” Proc. IEEE 23rd Int’l Conf. Data Eng. (ICDE), pp. 84-89, 2007.
- T. Wolf, “Data Path Credentials for High-Performance Capabilities-Based Networks,” Proc. ACM/IEEE Symp. Architectures for Net- working and Comm. Systems, pp. 129-130, 2008.
- H. Chan, A. Perrig, and D. Song, “Secure Hierarchical In-Network Aggregation in Sensor Networks,” Proc. Conf. Computer and Comm. Security (CCS), pp. 278-287, 2006.
- S. Roy, M. Conti, S. Setia, and S. Jajodia, “Secure Data Aggregation in Wireless Sensor Networks,” IEEE Trans. Information Forensics and Security, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 1040-1052, June 2012.
- C. Karlof and D. Wagner, “Secure Routing in Wireless Sensor Networks: Attacks and Countermeasures,” Proc. Int’l Workshop Sensor Network Protocols and Applications, pp. 113-127, 2003.
- S. Marti, T.J. Giuli, K. Lai, and M. Baker, “Mitigating Routing Misbehavior in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks,” Proc. Int’l Conf. Mobile Computing and Networking, pp. 255-265, 2000.
- S. Papadopoulos, A. Kiayias, and D. Papadias, “Secure and Effcient In-Network Processing of Exact Sum Queries,” Proc. Int’l Conf. Data Eng., pp. 517-528, 2011.
- A. Liu and P. Ning, “TinyECC: A Conﬁgurable Library for Elliptic Curve Cryptography in Wireless Sensor Networks,” Proc. Seventh Int’l Conf. Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN), pp. 245-256, 2008.
- C. Karlof, N. Sastry, and D. Wagner, “Tinysec: A Link Layer Security Architecture for Wireless Sensor Networks,” Proc. Int’l Conf. Embedded Networked Sensor Systems, pp. 162-175, 2004.