Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 08 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 1-5
Abstract – A method of calculating the motion estimation by using mutual information and adaptive thresholding. The video is decomposed using transformations. The adaptive thresholding techniques are applied to obtain the mutual information. The mutual information from each sub bands are compared and the matching metric is calculated. Using the matching metric the motion estimation is obtained. Here the simple method of calculation of matching metric is achieved. The above obtained result is accurate and the execution speed is high.
Keywords— Mutual information, matching metric, thresholding, directional pyramid, motion estimation, dense motion estimation
- “Rui Xu, David Taubman and Aous Thabit Naman, “Motion estimation based on mutual information and adaptive multi-scale thresholding”, IEEE March 2016.
- R.Xu, D.Taubman, A.T.Naman, “Block motion matching on directional sub bands with inter band suppression”, Oct 2014.
- C.Vogel, S.Roth, K.Schindler”An Evaluation of Data Costs for Optical Flow”, 2013.
- Rui Xu, David Taubman,“Robust dense block based motion estimation using a 2-bit transform on Laplacian Pyrmid,”2013.
- N.-J.Kim,S.Erturk, H.-J.Lee, “Two bit block based motion estimation using second derivative”, May 2009.