Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 08 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 40-43
Abstract – Biometric cryptosystems used for securing a cryptographic key by using some biometric features. The popularity of biometrics introduces privacy risks. The helper data and unimodel biometrics are used to protect the biometric template effectively. In parallel to these developments, fusion of multiple sources of biometric information has shown to improve the verification performance of the biometric system. The practical and secure way to integrate the multi biometric into cryptographic applications. Three approaches of extracting ridge feature points, texture features, and Region of Interest properties from fingerprint and face gives the optimal solution. Multibiometric cryptosystem provides defended security and better attest accuracy. Previous works predominantly follows the fingerprint-based Single Biometric Cryptosystem using decision level fusion. In addition we construct face recognition along with finger-print as it provides better authentication.
Keywords— Biometric cryptosystems, min-entropy, authorization accuracy, template protection, pattern matching algorithm, Shannon-entropy, security
- Cai Li, Jiankun Hu, Josef Pieprzyk and Willy Susilo, “A New Biocryptosystem-Oriented Security Analysis Framework and Implementation of Multibiometric Cryptosystems Based on Decision Level Fusion ,” in Proc IEEE conf vol.10, no.6, June 2015.
- S. Wang and J. Hu, “Alignment-free cancelable fingerprint template design: A densely infinite-to-one mapping (DITOM) approach,” PatternRecognit., vol. 45, no. 12, pp. 4129–4137, Dec. 2012.
- A. Nagar, K. Nandakumar, and A. K. Jain, “Multibiometric cryptosystems based on feature-level fusion,” IEEE Trans. Inf. Forensics Security, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 255–268, Feb. 2012.
- T. Ahmad, J. Hu, and S. Wang, “Pair-polar coordinate-based cancelable fingerprint templates,” Pattern Recognit., vol. 44, nos. 10–11, pp. 2555–2564, Oct./Nov. 2011.
- B. Fu, S. X. Yang, J. Li, and D. Hu, “Multibiometric cryptosystem: Model structure and performance analysis,” IEEE Trans. Inf. ForensicsSecurity, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 867–882, Dec. 2009.
- K. Nandakumar and A. K. Jain, “Multibiometric template security using fuzzy vault,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Biometrics, Theory, Appl. Syst., Arlington, VA, USA, Sep./Oct. 2008, pp. 1–6.
- J. D. Golic and M. Baltatu, “Entropy analysis and new constructions of biometric key generation systems,” IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 2026–2040, May 2008.