Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 08 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 52-55
Abstract – In this paper,the fabrication methods and characterization aluminium and titanium carbide composite are discussed .Composite are most successful and widely materials used now a days in the various types of industries as these exhibit significantly .hybird composite by powder metallurgy route . Including low density and the high wear resistance & the hardness compared to any other materials . powder morphology of the matrix and reinforcement has been carried out by using particle size analyzer scanning electron microscopy and X-ray diffraction . the hybrid composite displays increase in hardness when compared to the base material,which is attributed with the presence of the Tic .Hence the aluminium matrix with the titanium carbide as a reinforcement can easily overcome the cost barrier and has the best supplement having the different physical and mechanical properties for serving the wide range of the applications. The SEM analysis was carried out on the worn surfaces to understand the wear.
Keywords— Aluminium, Fabrication ,Titanium carbide, composite, reinforcement
- Chawla ,K.K; and chawla,N.(2006).Metal-matrix composites.springer scince and business media,Inc New York,NY,USA.
- Asthana,R.(1998).Review: Reinforced cast metals: part 1 solidification microstructure.journal of material science.33(10),1679-1698.
- Rundman, K.B.(2004).metal casting. reference book. Depart.ofmeterials and science and engineering Michigan tech.Univercity,Michigan,USA.
- Brown,J.(1999). Foseco non ferrous fondrymans hand book. Butterworth Heinema.n.Ltd.Oxford,UK.
- K.K. Chawla, “composites metrial :scince and engineering,springer-Verlag”,New York,1987.
- D.J.Lloyd, “particles reinforst aluminium and magnesium marix composites”,Rev.39(1994)1-23.
- Robert B.Hiemann,plasma-spray coating-princples and application,VCH publishers Inc.,New York,NY,USA,1996
- C.Leyens and M.Peters,Titanium and titanium alloys,Wiley-VCH,ISBN 3-527-30534-3.
- ASTM International(2006) book of ASTM Standards(volume 02.04:non-ferrous metals)
- Suriyanarayanan (1993) plasma spraying :theory and applications world scientific Pup Co Inc.p.211.