Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : STUDY ON STRESS-STRAIN RELATIONSHIP OF CURVED SPACE TRUSS
Volume 03 Issue 08 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 81-86
Abstract – Space truss is a most commonly using type of truss for roofing in the structures like auditoriums, stadiums and such big structures nowadays. Curved Space truss is the most commonly using type. Main reason for this is that, it can be used for long span trusses by reducing the intermediate supports. Use of this type of trusses in different structures have different structural properties and structural behavior. One of them is the depth and span relation. For different structures, this will be different. Also due to that, the stress- strain relationship is a factor that is having considerable importance. By knowing this, we can improve different properties of the truss system and that will give economy to the work, strength to the structure etc.Many models of Space Truss were made with different geometry and dimensions that having different Span-Depth ratio. Material properties, Support conditions, Loading conditions etc. were assigned properly and uniformly. Modelling and Analysis were done using STAAD Pro. Software. Larger value of Stress from Stress report after analysis were collected from each models. Optimum value of stress were noted corresponding to Span – Depth ratio of different models. Studied these results and relations. It will help us to get an idea to fix the curvature of this type of truss for different span with particular geometry.
Keywords— Modelling, Optimum value
- Raja. R.A. Issa , A.M.ASCE and R.RichardAvent. “Superelement stiffness matrix for space trusses” (1984).
- Henning Agerskov. “Optimum geometry design of double-layer Space trusses” (1986).
- Erling Murtha and Smith. “Nonlinear analysis of space trusses” (1994).
- Larissa Driemeier , Sergio P. BaronciniProenc and MarcılioAlves. “A contribution to the numerical nonlinear analysis of three-dimensional truss systems considering large strains, damage and plasticity” (2004).
- Attila Fulop and Miklo´sIvanyi. “Experimentally analyzed stability and ductility behaviour of a space- truss roof system” (2004).
- Huu-Tai Thai and Seung-EockKim.“Large deflection inelastic analysis of space trusses using generalized displacement control method” (2009).
- Galawezh Saber, NildemTaysi and Ghaedan Hussein. “Analysis and Optimum Design of Curved Roof Structures” (2013).
- C.V. Camp and M. Farshchin.”Design of space trusses using modified teaching–learning based optimization” (2014).