Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : AN OPTIMIZED ROUTING PATH BASED ON VOID DETECTION AND RSS ALGORITHM FOR WIRELESS SENSOR NETWORKS
Volume 03 Issue 08 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 87-89
Abstract – Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs) consist of a large number of small sensor nodes and low cost sensor nodes powered by small non rechargeable batteries and equipped with various sensing devices. The efficient power saving schemes and corresponding algorithms must be developed and designed in order to provide reasonable energy consumption. While considering a forwarding process in WSN the routing void problem deals with delay, energy consumption and packet loss. In this paper we proposed a Received Signal Strength (RSS) algorithm based on signal strength measurements and the signal stability. The idea is to transfers a random structure into a virtual circle by obtaining the virtual co-ordinate mapping. Signal Stability-Based Adaptive Routing protocol (SSR) is proposed that selects routes based on the signal strength between nodes and a node’s location stability. To optimize the routing path with high packet delivery ratio and maximum throughput, the proposed algorithm is used. The simulation of performance analysis provides the maximum delivery of packets ad link stability.
Keywords— Wireless sensor networks, received signal strength, signal stability-based adaptive routing protocol, virtual co-ordinates
- Dejing Zhang and Enqing Dong “A Virtual Coordinate-Based Bypassing Void Routing for Wireless Sensor Networks” IEEE sensors journal, vol. 15, no. 7, july 2015.
- M. Chen, J. Wan, S. Gonzalez, X. Liao, and V. C. M. Leung, “A survey of recent developments in home M2M networks,” IEEE Commun. Surveys Tuts., vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 98–114, Feb. 2014.
- W. Liu, E. Dong, Y. Song, and D. Zhang, “An improved flip ambiguity detection algorithm in wireless sensor networks node localization,” in Proc. Telecommun., Lisbon, Portugal, May 2014, pp. 206–212.
- Abdul Waheed Khan, Abdul Hanan Abdullah, Mohammad Abdur Razzaque, Member, IEEE, “VGDRA: A Virtual Grid-Based Dynamic Routes Adjustment Scheme for Mobile Sink-Based Wireless Sensor Networks” IEEE sensors journal, vol. 15, no. 1, Jan 2014.
- S. Zhang, D. Li, and J. Chen, “A link-state based adaptive feedback routing for underwater acoustic sensor networks,” IEEE Sensors J., vol. 13, no. 11, pp. 4402–4412, Nov. 2013.
- Y. Noh, U. Lee, P. Wang, B. S. C. Choi, and M. Gerla, “VAPR: Void aware pressure routing for underwater sensor networks,” IEEE Trans. Mobile Comput., vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 895–908, May 2013.
- B. Tang and L. Zhang, “Optimization of energy multi-path routing protocol in wireless sensor networks,” J. Syst. Eng. Electron., vol. 35, no. 12, pp. 2607–2612, Dec. 2013.
- M. Li, Z. Li, and A. V. Vasilakos, “A survey on topology control in wireless sensor networks: Taxonomy, comparative study, and open issues,” Proc. IEEE, vol. 101, no. 12, pp. 2538–2557, Dec. 2013.
- X. Fang, H. Gao and S. Xiong, “RPR: High-reliable low-cost geographical routing protocol in wireless sensor networks,” J. Commun., vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 29–37, May 2012.
- G. Trajcevski, F. Zhou, R. Tamassia, B. Avci, P. Scheuermann, and A. Khokhar, “Bypassing holes in sensor networks: Load-balance vs. latency,” in Proc. IEEE Global Telecommun. Conf., Houston, TX, USA, Dec. 2011, pp. 1–5.
- J. You, Q. Han, D. Lieckfeldt, J. Salzmann, and D. Timmermann, “Virtual position based geographic routing for wireless sensor networks,” Comput. Commun., vol. 33, no. 11, pp. 1255–1265, 2010.
- C. Chang, C. Chang, Y. Chen and S. Lee, “Active route-guiding protocols for resisting obstacles in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 59, no. 9, pp. 4425–4442, Nov. 2010.
- C. J. Lemmon and P. Musumeci, “Boundary mapping and boundary state routing (BSR) in ad hoc networks,” IEEE Trans. Mobile Comput., vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 127–139, Jan. 2008.
- C. Chang, C. Chang, Y. Chen and S. Lee, “Active route-guiding protocols for resisting obstacles in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Trans. Technol., vol. 59, no. 9, pp. 4425–4442, Nov. 2010