Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : OPTIMUM ANGLE OF HEXAGRID
Volume 03 Issue 08 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 121-126
Abstract – The creativity of engineers has been reflecting in Structural engineering field and the pace of innovation and accomplishment is already fast but will grow even faster. Load resisting sub-system of a structure is referred as structural system and the load transferring method of each system is different. The invention of new structural system introduces new ideas to structural world as well as architectural world. This paper illustrates a new sub-system called “Hexagrid” and which is inspired by honeycomb. Moreover, this paper aims to find out the optimum angle of hexagrid and gives a contribution to optimization of hexagrid. This study is a continuation of angle performance study of hexagrid conducted by Jaison.P.K . Investigation initiated with analysis of 3D periphery hexagrid structures and developed the relation connecting hexagrid angle with maximum lateral deflection of the structure. The focus of the study was changed to single hexagrid to find out the reason behind the previous output data. Conclusions obtained from above research were led to develop more practical models and their analysis. Evaluation of results of final phase has developed a relation between angles and deflections as well as the relation showing an optimum angle of Hexagrid. All analyses are as per Indian standards using ETABS software and material chosen is reinforced cement concrete.
Keywords— Innovation, Load resisting sub-system, Structural system, Hexagrid, 3D periphery hexagrid structure, Hexagrid angle, Single hexagrid, Optimum angle
- Jaison.P.K, Abhilash.P.P, “Angle Performance Study of Hexagrid”, International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science, Vol 3 (2016).
- Nishith B. Panchal, Dr. V. R. Patel, Dr. I. I. Pandya,“Optimum Angle of Diagrid Structural System”, International Journal of Engineering and Technical Research, Vol 2 ( 2014 ) .
- Khushbu Jani. “Analysis and design of diagrid structural system for high rise steel buildings”, Published by Elesevier Ltd ( 2012 ).
- Nishith B. Panchal, Vinubhai R. Patel. “Strategies to reduce lateral forces on high-rise buildings”, International Journal of Engineering and Technical Research, Vol 3 ( 2014 ).
- Nikesh Ganesh Rathod, Vinubhai R. Patel. “Diagrid as an innovative technique for high rise Structure” , Journal of Civil Engineering and Environmental Technology, Vol 2 ( 2015 )