Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : A MODIFIED 3D BASED STEREOSCOPIC DISPLAY QUALITY ENHANCEMENT BASED ON CROSSTALK REMOVAL
Volume 03 Issue 08 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 131-135
Abstract – This paper proposed a gain model method to eliminate the crosstalk and motion blur respectively. A crosstalk is always an issue for 3d displays. Crosstalk is a critical factor to determining the image quality of stereoscopic displays. A stereoscopic image quality assessment is an important and challenging issue in 3d application. Quality calculation of crosstalk perception can be carried out on stereoscopic display. Since crosstalk is annoying artifacts in the visualization session of stereoscopic 3d and cannot be completely eliminated with current technology. Stereoscopic three dimensional (3d) techniques is based on simultaneously capturing a pair of two dimensional (2d) images and then separately delivering them to respective eyes. In this paper to proposed in gain model method in digital image processing that could further reduce the optical crosstalk and motion blur in 3d display. Since the proposed process to evaluate image quality and improve accuracy, clarity in static and dynamic image on stereoscopic displays.
Keywords— System Crosstalk, Motion Blur, 3D Images, Stereoscopic Display, Quality Evaluation
- A 3D Index for Evaluating Image Quality of Stereoscopic Displays Yu-Cheng Chang, Yu-YiChien, and Yi-Pai Huang, October(2015).
- Multi-Zone Digital Crosstalk Reduction by Image Processing in 3D Display Chih-Yao Ma, Yu-Cheng Chang, and Yi-Pai Huang, june(2014).
- Perceptual Issues in Stereoscopic Signal Processing Scott J. Daly,. T. Held, and David M. Hoffman, june(2011).
- How are Crosstalk and Ghosting defined in the Stereoscopic Literature? Andrew J. Woods (2011).
- Crosstalk measurements of shutter glasses 3D displays. M.Barkowsky, S.Tourancheau, and K. Brunnstro (2011).
- Comparison of stereoscopic technologies in various conﬁgurations.In Applications of Digital Image Processing . Fliegel, S. V´ıtek, and T. Jindra,(2012).
- An exploration of the initial eﬀects of stereoscopic displays on optometric parameters. Ophthalmic and Physiological Optics, M. F. Fortuin, M. T. Lambooij, W. A. IJsselsteijn(2011).
- Stereoscopic image quality metrics and compression. In Stereoscopic Displays and Applications, P.GorleyandN.Holliman(2008)
- System crosstalk eﬀect on stereopsis human factor study for 3D displays . K.-C. Huang, J.-C. Yang, C.-L. Wu, K. Lee(2010).
- A study of how crosstalk aﬀects stereopsis in stereoscopic displays. In Stereoscopic Displays and Virtual Reality Systems K.-C.Huang, J.-C.Yuan,C.-H.Tsai(2003).
- Eﬀect of crosstalk in multi-view autostereoscopic 3D displays on perceived image quality.R.Kaptein and I.Heynderickx SID Symposium Digest of Technical Papers, 38(1):1220–1223, 2007.
- Direct method for restoration of motion-blurred images Y. Yitzhaky, I. Mor, A. Lantzman, and N. S. Kopeika(2008).
- Image Deblurring with Blurred/Noisy Image Pairs Lu Yuan1 and Jian Sun2(2007).