Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : A NOVEL APPROACH TO DETECT THE BLACK BOX FROM CRASHED FLIGHT
Volume 03 Issue 08 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 140-141
Abstract – Any commercial airplane or corporate jet is required to be equipped with a cockpit voice recorder and a flight data recorder. It is these two items of separate equipment which we commonly refer to as a ‘Black Box.’ While they do nothing to help the plane when it is in the air, both these pieces of equipment are vitally important should the plane crash, as they help crash investigators find out what happened just before the crash. But it is very difficult to identify this black box if it fell on sea. In existing method signals from the FDR is traced by sonar and the location has been identified. As the recorder can able to manage its power for 30days, it is very hard to find the FDR in wide oceans. In this proposed project we developed a new system to locate the FDR. A vibration sensor is attached with the FDR which will sense the abnormal vibration in the plane when it is about to crash. When this measurement crosses the threshold level immediately the GPS will locate the position of the plane and by using the GSM this location will be shared to the control station. So it is easy to locate the flight and searching area can be reduced, which will help the divers to locate the FDR very soon.
Keywords— Black Box; Crashed Light; Detection
- M.Yang, N. Bourbakis, Z.Z.Chen, and M.Trifas, “An efficient audio-video synchronization methodology,” in Proceeding in 2007IEEE Internal Conference.2007.
- D.Green and T. Benthos, “Recovering data and voice recordersfollowing at-sea crashes, ”IEEE, 2010.
- Q.Wu, K.B.Jia, and X.W.Li, “Study on vehicle video blackbox withacceleration sensitive function,” in Proc. of IEEE International Conference in Multimedia and Information Technology, 2008.
- B.G. Wang, Y.H.Shi, and B.C.Yin, “Transcoding of H.264 bitstreamto AVS bitstream”, Sponsored by National Natural Science Foundation of China and in Proc. IEEE, 2009.
- C.E. Stanm, M.Minea, and R.S.Timnea, “Integrated platform for roadtrafic safety data collection and information management,” in Proc.IEEE,2010.
- M.Rahmani, R.Steffen, K.Tappayuthpijarn, E.Steinbach, and G.Giordano, “Performance analysis of different network topologies for in-vehicle audio and video communication, ”BMW Group Researchand Technology in Proc. IEEE, 2008.
- M.Miyaji, M.Danno, and K.Oguri, “Analysis of driver behavior basedon traffic incidents for driver monitor systems,” IEEE Intelligent Vehicles symposium Eindhoven University of Technology, 2008.
- O.Schatz, “Recent trends in automotive sensors”, in Proc. IEEE, 2004.
- N.Thanthry, M.S.Ali, and R. Pendse, “Security, internet connectivity and air data networks, ”published in IEEE A&E system magazine, 2006.