Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : BEHAVIOUR AND PERFORMANCE OF CONCRETE USING WASTE PAPER SLUDGE (HYPOSLUDGE)
Volume 03 Issue 08 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 163-166
Abstract – Hypo Sludge (HS) is a waste material produced from paper industry that can used as a cement replacement material in concrete since the lime content in the sludge is large. This research deals with production of low cost concrete by blending various ratios of cement with hypo sludge & to reduce disposal and pollution problems due to hypo sludge it is most essential to develop profitable building materials from hypo sludge. During the present study, an attempt had been made to study the mechanical properties of concrete in which Hypo sludge as a replacement material for cement. The tests were carried out to evaluate the mechanical properties like compressive strength up to 28 days. As a result, the compressive increased up to 10% addition of hypo sludge and further increase in hypo sludge reduces the strengths gradually. This research work is concerned with experimental investigation on strength of concrete and optimum percentage of the partial replacement by replacing cement via 5%, 10%, 15%, and 20% of Hypo Sludge. The mix design of Concrete was arrived as per IS : 10262-2009.
Keywords— Hyposludge; Paper Waste; OPC
- NAbdullah shahbaz khan, Ram panth, Gagan Krishna R.R, Suresh G. Patil (2014) “Structural Performance of Concrete by Partial Replacement of Cement with Hypo Sludge (paper waste)”, International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Engineering (IJETE) Volume 1 Issue 7, ISSN 2348-8050, pp.175-181.
- AlbinasGailius and ŽivilėLaurikietytė (2015) “Waste Paper Sludge Ash And Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag As Binder In Concrete”, Journal of Civil Engineering and Management, ISSN: 1392-3730, pp.198-202.
- Balamurugan, R. Karthickraja, R. (2014) “An Experimental Investigation of Partial Replacement of Cement by Industrial Waste (Hypo Sludge)”, Int. Journal of Engineering Research and Applications , ISSN : 2248-9622,Vol. 4, Issue 4,pp.430-435.
- Dharani .N, Prince Arulraj .G Goutham .J (2015) “Study On Mechanical Properties Of Concrete With Industrial Wastes” – International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, ISSN: 2319-1163, pp.447-453.
- DhirajAgrawal, PawanHinge,U. P. Waghe,S.P. Raut (2014) “Utilization of industrial waste in construction material – A review”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology Vol. 3, Issue 1, ISSN: 2319-8753, pp.8390-8397.
- GeethaVani, T. Dattatreya Kumar A. (2015) “Sludge In Concrete Study On Partial Replacement Of Cement With Paper Mill Sludge And Waste Water”- International Journal of Engineering & Science Research, Vol-5, Issue-7, pp.794-799.
- IS (Indian Standard) (1959) IS 1199-1959: Methods of Sampling and Analysis of Concrete, Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
- IS (Indian Standard) (1959) IS 516-1959: Methods of Tests for Strength of Concrete, Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
- IS (Indian Standard) (1982) IS 10262-1982: Recommended Guidelines for Concrete Mix Design, Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
- IS (Indian Standard) (1982) IS 456-2000: Plain and Reinforced Concrete-Code of Practice, Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
- IS (Indian Standard) (1967) IS 1727-1967: Methods of test for pozzalonic materials, Bureau of Indian Standards , New Delhi.
- JayeshkumarPitroda, Dr.L.B.Zala, Dr.F.S.Umrigar (2013), Utilization of Hypo Sludge by Eco-Efficient Development of Rigid Pavement in Rural Roads”-International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT) – Volume 4 Issue 9, pp.3994-4000.
- JayeshkumarPitroda (2015) “Gainful Utilization of Fly Ash and Hypo Sludge in Concrete”, International Journal of Constructive Research in Civil Engineering (IJCRCE) Volume 1, Issue 1, pp.1-7.
- Jayeshkumar R. Pitroda, Dr F S Umrigar (2013) “Evaluation of Modulus of Elasticity of Concrete with Partial Replacement of Cement by Thermal Industry Waste (Fly Ash) and Paper Industry Waste (Hypo Sludge)” International Journal of Engineering Science and Innovative Technology (IJESIT), Volume 2, Issue 1, ISSN: 2319-5967,pp.133-138.
- JayeshkumarPitroda, Dr. L. B. Zala, Dr F. S. Umrigar (2012) “A Techno-Economic Study On Paper Industry Waste- Hypo Sludge Concrete In Rigid Pavement” International Journal of Civil, Structural, Environmental and Infrastructure Engineering Research and Development (IJCSEIERD), Vol. 3, Issue 5, pp.135-146.
- Mahesh Shirur, Yashwanth M. K, (2012) “An Experimental Study on Economic Feasibility and Strength of Concrete by Partial Replacement of Cement with Hypo Sludge”,- International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), ISSN : 2319-7064, pp.1289-1291.
- Mehtab Alam, Vebhav Berera (2015) “Än Experimental Study On Use Of Hypo Sludge In Cement Concrete”, International Journal Of Progresses in Civil Engineering Vol‐2,Issue‐1, ISSN:2394‐4676,pp.13-23.
- Sajad Ahmad, M. Iqbal Malik, Muzaffar Bashir Wani, Rafiq Ahmad (2013) “Study of Concrete Involving Use of Waste Paper Sludge Ash as Partial Replacement of Cement”, IOSR Journal of Engineering (IOSRJEN), Vol. 3, Issue 11, ISSN: 2250-3021,pp.06-15.
- Sharipudin, S.S., Ridzuan, A.R.M, andMohdSaman, H. (2012) “Performance Of Foamed Concrete With Waste Paper Sludge Ash (WPSA) And Fine Recycled Concrete Aggregate (FRCA) Contents”. International Sustainability And Civil Engineering Journal, Vol.1, No.2, pp.19-27.
- Sumit A Balwaik, S P Raut (2012) “Utilization of Waste Paper Pulp by Partial Replacement of Cement in Concrete” IJERA ISSN: 2248-9622 Vol. 1, Issue 2, pp.300-309.