Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : HEALTH MONITORING USING PHOTOPLETHYSMOGRAM WITH SIGNAL QUALITY INDEX
Volume 03 Issue 08 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 186-187
Abstract – To provide a way to implement health monitoring using photoplethysmogram. By using wearable sensors of particular importance data obtained from mobile patients. A signal quality index (SQI)which is intended to access whether reliable heart rates (HRs) can be obtained from electrocardiogram (ECG) and photoplethysmogram (PPG) signals collected using wearable sensor. The SQI can be used to reduce the error in the estimation of respiratory rate (RR) from the PPG.
Keywords— Heart sensor, Respiratory senor, ,Signal quality, Microcontroller, Lcd, Zigbee
- G.Clifford and D.Clifton, “Annual review: Wireless technology in disease management and medicine,” Ann. Review Med., vol. 63, pp. 479–492, 2012.
- V. Nangalia, D. Prytherch, and G. Smith, “Health technology assessment review: Remote monitoring of vital signs-current status and future challenges,” Crit. Care, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 1–8, 2010.
- C. L. Tsien and J. C. Fackler, “Poor prognosis for existing monitors in the intensive care unit,” Crit. Care Med., vol. 25, pp. 614–619, 1997.
- The Joint Commission. (2013, Apr.), Sentinel event alert issue 50: Medical device alarm safety in hospitals [Online]. Available: http://www.jointcommission.org/sea_issue_50/
- ECRI. (2013). Alarm safety resource site: Guidance and tools to help healthcare facilities improve alarm safety [Online]. Available: https://www.ecri.org/Forms/Pages/Alarm_Safety_Resource.aspx
- P. B. Lovett, J. M. Buchwald, K. St¨urmann, and P. Bijur, “The vexatious vital: Neither clinical measurements by nurses nor an electronic monitor provides accurate measurements of respiratory rate in triage,” Ann. Emerg. Med., vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 68–76, 2005.
- Rasoul Yousefi Mehrdad Nourani “Separating Arterial and Venous-Related Components of Photoplethysmographic Signals for Accurate Extraction of Oxygen Saturation and Respiratory Rate” IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics,pp. 2168- 2194, 2013.
- Walter Karlen, Srinivas Raman, J. Mark Ansermino, and Guy A. Dumont “Multiparameter Respiratory Rate Estimation From the Photoplethysmogram” IEEE Transactions On Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 60, No. 7, July 2013.
- K. Nakajima, T. Tamura, T. Ohta, H. Miike, and P. Oberg, “Photoplethysmographic measurement of heart and respiratory rates using digital filters,” in Proc. IEEE Annu. Int. Conf. Eng.Med. Biol. Soc., 1993, pp. 1006– 1007.
- P. Leonard, N. R. Grubb, P. S. Addison, D. Clifton, and J. N.Watson, “An algorithm for the detection of individual breaths from the pulse oximeter waveform,”
- K. Nakajima, T. Tamura, and H. Miike, “Monitoring of heart and respiratory rates by photoplethysmography using a digital filtering technique,”Med. Eng. Phys., vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 365–372, 1996.