Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : EXPERIMENTAL INVESTIGATION ON STRENGTH PROPERTIES OF CONCRETE USING COLOUR ADSORBED FLYASH
Volume 03 Issue 08 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 188-191
Abstract – The main objective of the project is to solve the waste management of Textile Industries, Thermal Power plants and Steel Manufacturing Industries. The solution for current environmental problems of disposal of fly ash has been dealt by use of Fly ash as an adsorbent and using Colour Adsorbed Flyash as partial replacement for cement in concrete. The key importance is to use the waste materials in concrete. In this experimental investigation an attempt is made to study the effect of partial replacement of Cement by Colour Adsorbed fly ash properties of Concrete. Also a detailed investigation is made to study the effect on the addition of Colour Adsorbed Fly ash on the properties of concrete.
Keywords— Colour Adsorbed Flyash, Adsorption, Fly ash, Material Properties, Textile Effluent
- IS: 456-2000 (reaffirmed 2005) “Plain and Reinforced Concrete – Code of Practice”, Fourth Revision, pp.14
- IS: 10262-2009. Concrete mix proportioning-Guidelines. New Delhi: Bureau of Indian Standards;
- Shetty 2005, concrete techonology, S. Chand & Company Ltd. New Delhi.
- IS: 3812-1981, Specification for fly ash for use as pozzolana and admixture, Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
- IS: 383-1970 (reaffirmed 1997) “Specification for Coarse and Fine Aggregates from Natural Source for Concrete”, New Delhi.
- IS: 8112:2013, Specification for Ordinary Portland Cement,43 Grade (Second Revision).
- Radha Das, Dept. of Chemical Engineerig, Haldia Institute of Technology, ICARE Complex, P.O. HIT, Haldia, Purba Medinipur -721 657, India, Adsorption Isotherm of Fly Ash for Textile Dying Industry Effluents. Jr. of Industrial Pollution Control 22 (1)(2006) pp 179-184.
- U.M. Graham, T.L. Robl, R.F. Rathbone, Center for Applied Energy Research, 3572 Iron Works Pike, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40521 1-8433 and and C.J.McCormick Advanced Pozzolan Technologies, Inc., 175 West Wieuca Rd., NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30342, Adsorptive properties of fly ash.
- P Chandrasekaran & R Malathy, Department of Civil Engineering, Kongu Engineering College, Perundurai 638 052, India, Research and Development, Sona College of Technology, Salem 636 005, India, Received 26 November 2010; accepted 27 March 2012. Use of colour adsorbed fly ash in brick manufacture.
- Larry Sutter, Doug Hooton, Scott Schlorholtz & Zeyad Ahmed1, Melanie Keuber Watkins1,Dave Hand,Andre de Groot, Michigan Technological University, University of Toronto, Iowa State University, Methods for Evaluating Fly Ash for Use in Highway Concrete, NCHRP Report 749.
- Geetha Varma.V, Dr.Ram Karan Singh and Vaishali Sahu; Senior Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, New Horizon College of Engineering, Bangalore, India Professor and HOD, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, ITM University, Gurgaon, India.Assistant professor, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, ITM University, Gurgaon, India. A comparative study on the removal of heavy metals by adsorption using fly ash and sludge.
- Irina-Isabella Savin, Romen Butnaru; Ioan C. Ştefănescu” Technical Highschool, 51-53, Socola Str., 700268, Iaşi, Romania ”Gheorghe Asachi” Technical University of Iasi, Faculty of Textile – Leather Engineering and Industrial Management,53 Mangeron Blvd., Building TEX1, 700050 Iaşi, Romania. Waste Water Characteristics in Textile Finishing Mills.
- Zeyad Tareq Ahmed Michigan Technological University; The Quantification of the Fly Ash Adsorption Capacity for the Purpose of Characterization and Use in Concrete.
- Abdul Karim Shah, Zeenat M. Ali, Abdul Rehman Memon, A. Jabbar Laghari, Moina Akhtar Mughal, Syed Farman Ali Shah, Hussain Saleem, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 4, Issue 9, September-2013. Exploitation of Low Cost Coal Fly Ash Adsorbent with Coagulants for the Treatment of Industrial Complex Nature Dyes Wastewater.