Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : A SECURE SCHEME FOR DENIAL-OF-SLEEP ATTACKS IN WIRELESS SENSOR NETWORKS
Volume 03 Issue 08 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 196-200
Abstract – Security data and communication require suitable for localized encryption and authentication protocol. In this paper I proposed an effective key management protocol for secure communication in dynamic wireless sensor network characterized by node mobility. It support effective key updates when a node leaves or joins a cluster and ensure the forward and backward key secrecy. In this key management, we have used for three different key such as Network key, Group key and Pair wise key. Security and Energy efficiency are important concerns in the wireless sensor network (WSN) design. The securities of intra- and inter-cluster communication are established upon the cluster key and the gateway. A security analysis of our scheme shows that our protocol is effective in defending against various attacks.
Keywords— Denial-of-Sleep Attacks; Wireless Sensor Networks
- S.S, Kulkarni, “TDMA services for Sensor Networks”, Proceedings of 24th International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems Workshops, Pages: 604 – 609, 23-24 March 2004.
- W.Ye, J. Heidemann, D. Estrin, “Medium Access Control With Coordinated Adaptive Sleeping for Wireless Sensor Networks”, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, Volume: 12, Issue: 3, Pages: 493 – 506, June 2004.
- C. C.Enz, A. El-Hoiydi, J-D. Decotignie, V. Peiris, “Wise NET: An Ultralow-Power Wireless Sensor Network Solution”, IEEE Computer, Volume: 37, Issue: 8, August 2004.
- K. Jamieson, H. Balakrishnan, and Y. C. Tay, “Sift: A MAC Protocol for Event-Driven Wireless Sensor Networks,” MIT Laboratory for Computer Science, Tech. Rep. 894, May 2003, http://www.lcs.mit.edu/publications/pubs/pdf/MIT-LCS-TR-894.pdf.
- Y.C. Tay, K.Jamieson, H. Balakrishnan, “Collision-minimizing CSMA and Its Applications to Wireless Sensor Networks”, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Volume: 22, Issue: 6, Pages: 1048 – 1057, Aug. 2004.
- G. Lu, B. Krishnamachari, C.S. Raghavendra, “An adaptive energy-efficient and low-latency MAC for data gathering in wireless sensor networks”, Proceedings of 18th International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium, Pages: 224, 26-30 April 2004.
- T.V.Dam and K.Langendoen, “An Adaptive Energy-Efficient MAC Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks”, The First ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (Sensys‘03), Los Angeles, CA, USA, November, 2003.
- P. Lin, C. Qiao, and X. Wang, “Medium access control with a dynamic duty cycle for sensor networks”, IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, Volume: 3, Pages: 1534 – 1539, 21-25 March 2004.
- A.Safwat, H. Hassain, H. Mouftah, “ECPS and E2LA: new paradigms for energy efficiency in wireless ad hoc and sensor networks”, IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference, GLOBECOM’03, Volume: 6, Pages: 3547 – 3552, 1-5 December 2003.
- S. Cui, R. Madan, A. J. Goldsmith, and S. Lall, “Joint Routing, MAC, and Link Layer Optimization in Sensor Networks with Energy Constraints”, to appear at ICC’05, Korea, May, 2005.
- R. Falk, and H. J. Hof, “Fighting insomnia: a secure wake-up scheme for wireless sensor networks,” in Proc. SECURWARE ’09: Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Emerging Security Information, Systems and Technologies, Glyfada, Athens, 2009, pp. 191-196.
- C. T. Hsueh, C. Y. Wen, and Y. C. Ouyang, “A secure scheme for power exhausting attacks in wireless sensor networks,” in ICUFN 2011: Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Ubiquitous and Future Networks, Dalian, China, 2011, pp. 258-263.
- C. T. Hsueh, C. Y. Wen, and Y. C.Ouyang, “Two-tier receiver-initiated secure scheme for hierarchical wireless sensor networks,” in ITST 2012: Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on ITS Telecommunications, Taipei, Taiwan, 2012, pp. 254-258.