Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : HARDWARE IMPLEMENTATION OF RULES BASED FUNCTIONAL CONTROL OF BIDIRECTIONAL DC-DC CONVERTER FOR STANDALONE PV
Volume 03 Issue 08 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 221-226
Abstract – The proposed converter interface one unidirectional input power port and three bi-directional ports for storage elements in a unified structure. The objective of proposed work carried out Non isolated bi-directional Dc-Dc converter with soft switching capabilities, and comprehensive modulation strategy utilizing 27 rules based fuzzy logic control that satisfies the requirement of PV system to achieve MPPT and output voltage regulation. The validity of the proposed converter and its control performance are verified by MATLAB modeling, simulation result has done by closed loop design and power flow ability is achieved independently, the proposed converter reduce the component cost at losses for to harvest from the renewable energy, Experiment have been carried out on a Prototype which demonstrated the feasibility and effectiveness of the proposed topology, This topology promises significant savings in component count and losses for renewable energy power harvesting system.
Keywords— Multi-Input Converters, Battery, Super Capacitor, ZVS, Fuzzy Controller, Proto Type Kit
- A. Khaligh, J. Cao, and Y. Lee, “A multiple-input DC–DC converter topology,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 862–868, Mar. 2009.
- A.Kwasinski, “Identification of feasible topologies formultiple-input DC DC converters,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 856–861, Mar. 2009.
- Farzam Nejabatkhah, Saeed Danyali, Seyed Hossein Hosseini, Mehran Sabahi,and Seyedabdolkhalegh Mozaffari Niapour, “Modeling and Control of a New Three-Input DC–DC Boost Converter for Hybrid PV/FC/Battery Power System” IEEE transactions on power electronics, vol. 27, no. 5, may 2012
- F. Baalbergen, P. Bauer, and J. A. Ferreira, “Energy storage and power management for typical 4Q-load,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 56,no. 5, pp. 1485–1498, May 2009.
- G. Su and L. Tang, “A reduced-part, triple-voltage DC-DC converter for EV/HEV power management,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 24, no. 10, pp. 2406–2410, Oct. 2009.
- H. Krishnaswami and N. Mohan, “Three-port series-resonant DC–DC converter to interface renewable energy sources with bidirectional load and energy storage ports,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 24, no. 9– 10, pp. 2289–2297, Oct. 2009.
- Mamadou Baïlo Camara, Hamid Gualous, Frederic Gustin, Alain Berthon,and Brayima Dakyo, DC/DC Converter Design for Super capacitor and Battery Power Management in Hybrid Vehicle Applications—Polynomial Control Strategy IEEE transactions on industrial electronics, vol. 57, no. 2, february 2010
- M. B. Camara, H. Gualous, F. Gustin, and A. Berthon, “Control strategy hybrid sources for transport applications using super capacitors and battery,” in Proc. IEEE, IPEMC, Shanghai, China, Aug. 13–16, 2006,vol. 1, pp. 1–5.
- N. D. Benavides and P. L. Chapman, “Power budgeting of a multiple input buck-boost converter,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 1303–1309, Nov. 2005.
- Y. Liu and Y. M. Chen, “A systematic approach to synthesizing multi input DC–DC converters,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 116–127, Jan. 2009.
- Barry W. Williams, “Generation and Analysis of Canonical Switching Cell DC-to-DC Converters” IEEE Transactions 0n Industrial Electronics, Vol. 61, No. 1, January 2014.