Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : EMBEDDED BASED SMART INTERFACE USING SMARTPHONE
Volume 03 Issue 08 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 242-244
Abstract – Nowadays, the field of Electronics occupies the maximum portion of human life. For Study purposes, Industrial, Research and development activities, we need to have measuring instruments. Since Oscilloscope and Function Generator is the heart of Electronics Engineer. These equipments are very expensive in the market. In order to reduce the expenses, a PC (Personal computer) based Oscilloscope and Function Generator was evolved. In this method, PC with interfacing kit which consists of Controller & ADC converter used to interface the external signal to PC. But in the proposed system, the overall hardware and its cost is reducing by replacing the PC into Compact Smartphone which is most powerful usage of day to day life. It uses small Opto-coupler interface with help of inbuilt sound card itself which consists of ADC & DAC, no need to put . So the overall costs of the equipment’s are very low and easy to handle for study purpose as well as development purpose.
Keywords— CRO, Function Generator, Measuring Instrument, Smartphone, Opto-coupler
- S. Celma, A. Carlosena, and P. A. Martinez, “PC-based spectrum analyzer,” IEEE Trans. Educ., vol. 35, pp. 204–210, Aug. 1992.
- C. E. Smith and M. D. Tew, “Data acquisition in the undergraduate laboratory,” IEEE Trans. Educ., vol. 38, pp. 95–96, Feb. 1995.
- M. Rodriguez, A. Ayala, F. Rosa, F. Herrera, S. Rodriguez, M. DiazGonzalez, and S. R. Buenafuente, “A low-cost interface circuit to enable A/D conversion using the parallel port,” Int. J. Electr. Eng. Educ., vol.38, no. 3, pp. 222–231, 2001.
- William O, Osbon, Wilkinsburg, Pa, “Cathode ray Oscilloscope,” S.no:616488, PP 1-5, June 1932.
- Chandran Bhunia, Sarkat giri, Samrat kar, Sudarshan Haldar and Prithviraj purkait, “Low Cost PC Based Virtual Oscilloscope,” Vol:47, No:2, PP 1-5, May 2004.
- Ying-Wen Bai, Hong-Gi Wei, Chung-Yueh Lien and Hsin-Lung Tu, “A windows-Based Dual-Channel Arbitrary Signal Generator,” PP 21-23, May 2002.
- Chi Chung Ko, Senior Member, IEEE, Ben M. Chen, Shaoyan Hu, Vikram Ramakrishnan, Chang Dong Cheng, Yuan Zhuang, and Jianping Chen, “A Web-Based Virtual Laboratory on a Frequency Modulation Experiment,” Vol. 31, No. 3, PP 1-9, August 2001.
- Harry Jacobs, “PC Based Fuction Generator,” http://opus.ipfw.edu/etcs_seniorproj/42, PP 1-4, December 2002.
- S. E. Poindexter and B. S. Heck, “Using the Web in your courses: What can you do? What should you do?,” IEEE Contr. Syst. Mag., vol. 19, pp. 83–92, Jan. 1999.