Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : NON CONTACT HIGH TENSION TESTER FOR TESTING THE ELECTRICAL POWER
Volume 03 Issue 09 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 108-109
Abstract – To ensure safe working condition and to bring safety as a way of life whilst undertaking routines / maintenance of electrical equipment’s. To test power availability in HT lines prior taking the system for shutdown / maintenance, which can also be used for LT systems by default. Present system works on believing on knowledge passed from one Facility manager to another on various power feeder and study of line diagrams. In some cases line diagram may not be available to ascertain if power is isolation prior taking up maintenance. Even after isolation of power in a HT system, possibility of system being in energized state due to stored energy as a resultant of capacitance action for a brief period of time. In the broad field of Electrical Engineering, various equipment and systems are used to cater to the application for Electrical power generation, transmission, distribution, control, instrumentation, Communication and domestic application. Each one of the products/ equipment requires a wide variety of tests and hence a need of specialized testing facility. The field of Electrical testing covers tests of an essentially electrical nature performed on instruments, equipment, appliances, components and materials.
Keywords— High Tension Tester; Non-contact; Power Measurement
- Effect of the Electrical Environment on Farm Animalsby Dr.Douglas J. Reinemann
- Effects of Fire Smoke on Electrical Equipment insheet metal industry by Richard D. Peacock
- Effects of Voltage Sags on Loads in a Distribution Systemby George G. Karady
- Electrical Arcs and Sparks by Kerry D. Parrott
- Environmental and Health Impacts of sheet industry by Dr R E Horne and J Gertsakis
- Impacts of Electrical Equipment’s in industry by Thomas G.Cleary
- Testing the Chloride Penetration Resistance of Concreteby R.D. Hooton and M.D.A. Thomas.