Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : NEAR-DUPLICATE IMAGE DETECTION BASED ON CONTEXTUAL DESCRIPTOR
Volume 03 Issue 09 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 110-112
Abstract – A variable-length signature for near-duplicate image matching in this paper. An image is represented by a signature, the length of which varies with respect to the number of patches in the image. A new visual descriptor, viz., probabilistic center-symmetric local binary pattern, is proposed to characterize the appearance of each image patch. Beyond each individual patch, the spatial relationships among the patches are captured. In order to compute the similarity between two images, we utilize the earth mover’s distance which is good at handling variable-length signatures. The proposed image signature is evaluated in two different applications, i.e., near-duplicate document image retrieval and near-duplicate natural image detection.
Keywords— Variable-Length Signature, Visual Descriptor, Mover’s Distance
- Y. Lu, X. Tu, S. Lu, and P. S. P. Wang, “Application of pattern recognitiontechnology to postal automation in China,” Pattern Recognition and Machine Vision-in Honor and Memory of Professor King-Sun Fu.Copenhagen, Denmark: River Pub. Co., Mar. 2010, pp. 367–381.
- C. Kim, “Content-based image copy detection,” Signal Process., ImageCommun., vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 169–184, 2003.
- G.-H. Liu and J.-Y. Yang, “Content-based image retrieval using colordifference histogram,” Pattern Recognit., vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 188–198, 2013.
- S. Aksoy and R. M. Haralick, “Probabilistic vs. geometric similaritymeasures for image retrieval,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Comput. Vis.Pattern Recognit., Jun. 2000, pp. 357–362.
- Y. Meng, E. Chang, and B. Li, “Enhancing DPF for near-replicaimage recognition,” in Proc. Int. Conf. Comput. Vis. Pattern Recognit.,Jun. 2003, pp. II-416–II-423.
- O. Chum, J. Philbin, M. Isard, and A. Zisserman, “Scalable near identical image and shot detection,” in Proc. 6th ACM Int. Conf. Image Video Retr., 2007, pp. 549–556.
- B. Wang, Z. Li, M. Li, and W.-Y. Ma, “Large-scale duplicate detectionfor web image search,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Multimedia Expo, Jul. 2006, pp. 353–356.
- F. Zou et al., “Nonnegative sparse coding induced hashing for imagecopy detection,” Neurocomputing, vol. 105, no. 1, pp. 81–89, 2013.
- D.-Q. Zhang and S.-F. Chang, “Detecting image near-duplicate bystochastic attributed relational graph matching with learning,” in Proc. ACM Int. Conf. Multimedia, 2004, pp. 877–884.
- S. Todorovic and N. Ahuja, “Region-based hierarchical image matching,”Int. J. Comput. Vis., vol. 78, no. 1, pp. 47–66, 2008.