Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : MISMATCH ERRORS MINIMIZATION IN TIME INTERLEAVED ADC DESIGN
Volume 03 Issue 09 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 113-117
Abstract – The signals in the world are inherently analog. But the processing of analog signals is very difficult. Hence, it is required to convert Analog to Digital Signals by the use of ADC. In the existing ADC, time interleaved ADC is analyzed. In time interleaved ADC, several ADCs are connected in parallel to produce the correct accuracy. Even though it produces correct accuracy. It has errors such as gain, offset and time skew. To overcome this in proposed method, a new ADC is designed by using PLL. By using PLL, the mismatch errors are greatly reduced. The proposed method is simulated using Modelsim 10.1b and its performance parameter such as gain, offset values is analyzed.
Keywords— ADC, PLL, Time Interleaved ADC, Offset, Time Skew
- Centurelli.F , Monsurro.P and Trifiletti.A (2012), “Efficient digital background calibration of time-interleaved pipeline analog-to-digital converters,” IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. I, Reg. Papers, vol. 59, no. 7, pp. 1373–1383.
- Chen.X , Lim Y.C , Zhang.S.L and Zou.Y.X (2011), “Timing mismatch compensation in time-interleaved ADCs based on multichannel Lagrange polynomial interpolation,” IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas., vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 1123–1131.
- Chiu.Y and Liu.W (2012), “Time-interleaved analog-to-digital conversion with online adaptive equalization,” IEEE Transaction Circuits System. I, Reg. Papers,vol. 59, no. 7, pp.13841395.
- Eklund.J.E, Elbornsson.J, and Gustafsson.F (2005), “Blind equalization of time errors in a time-interleaved ADC system,” IEEE Trans. Signal Process, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 1413–1424.
- Ferragina.V, Fornasari.A, Gatti.U, Malcovati.P and Maloberti.F (2004), “Gain and offset mismatch calibration in time-interleaved multipath A/D sigma–delta modulators,” IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. I, Reg. Papers,vol. 51, no. 12, pp. 2365–2373.
- Fu.M, Mahata.K and Marelli.D (2009), “Linear LMS compensation for timing mismatch in time-interleaved ADCs,” IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. I, Reg. Papers, vol. 56, no. 11, pp. 2476–2486.
- Girao P. M. B. S, Pereira J. M. D and Serra A. M. C (2004), “An FFT-based method to evaluate and compensate gain and offset errors of interleaved ADC systems,” IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas., vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 423–430.
- Goodman.J, Herman.M, Jackson.J and Miller.B (2009), “Polyphase nonlinear equalization of time-interleaved analog-to-digital converters,” IEEE J. Sel. Topics Signal Process., vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 362–373.
- Hausmair.K, Hotz.M, Saleem.S, Soudan.M and Vogel.C (2012), “A review on low-complexity structures and algorithms for the correction of mismatch errors in time-interleaved ADCs,” in Proc. IEEE 10th Int. New Circuits Syst. Conf. (NEWCAS), pp. 349–352.
- Johansson.H and Vogel.C (2006), “Time-interleaved analog-to-digital converters:Status and future directions,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Circuits Syst. (ISCAS),pp. 3385–3389.