Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : TEXTILE YARN ANALYSIS FOR DEFECT RECTIFICATION THROUGH SOFT-COMPUTING APPROACH
Volume 03 Issue 09 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 130-134
Abstract – Textile Industry is one of the major revenue generating industry in India. Defect rate minimization of a product plays a very important role in the improvisation of the yield and financial growth especially in the yarn manufacturing process. It is highly emphasized here because of the mass production in the manufacturing process whereby a minor defect leads to large financial and production loss. As the yarn is the most preliminary product in the textile industry, it holds the utmost importance in the industry. The estimation of the yarn quality parameters is not an easy task as it requires expensive instruments and skilled manpower that are highly unaffordable by the small and medium scale entrepreneurs. Henceforth, the proposed work concentrates on the development of a cost effective module for the yarn analysis which is carried out through the imaging methods. The parameters such as the yarn hairiness index, uniformity, hairiness index variation are estimated through the segmentation and feature extraction methods. The current requirement of the industry which is the automatic characterization of yarn parameters that has been designed in our system through soft computing approach using fuzzy expert system.
Keywords— Yarn Hairiness Index, Uniformity, Segmentation , Feautre Extraction, Automatic Characterization, Fuzzy Expert System
- AninditaSengupta et al. , “Development of a low cost parameterization unit by image processing”, Elsevier,Mmeasurement, vol.59,2015, pp. 96-109.
- Anna Fabijanska et al. , “Image processing and analysis algorithms for yarn hairiness determination”, Elseiver, Machine Vision and Applications, vol. 23, 2012, pp. 527-540.
- V.H.Carvalho et al., “Yarn parameterization based on mass analysis, Sensors and Actuators” , Elseiver, vol. 115, 2004, pp. 540-548.
- T. Jedryka et al., ” Method for the determination of hairiness of yarn”, Tex. Res. Journal , (1963), vol. 33, pp. 663-665.
- J.G. Pinto et al., “Yarn-mass measurement with 1mm length samples”, IEEE Transaction of Industrial Electronics, 2007, vol.52, pp. 1177-1183.
- D. Yuvaraj et al., “A simple yarn hairiness measurement setup using image processing techniques”, Indian Journal of Fiber Textiles,2012,Res. 37, pp. 331-336.