Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Volume 03 Issue 09 2016
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 30-31
Abstract – The abstract of my project is to minimize the amount of time required for crossing the vehicles during the traffic congestion on the road. The basic theme is to control the traffic by using static cameras fixed on the road along top of the traffic pole to check the traffic density on each side of the road. It recognizes the volume of the traffic at each side of the road and thereby providing an adequate amount of time for the traffic to pass the vehicle. The Morphological operations are performed to extract significant features from the images that are useful in the representation and description of the shape in the region. To calculate number of vehicles on the road by tracking system based on this green light counter time will be varied .These system will monitors the traffic throughout the day and takes care of the inability of the fixed timers to adjust as per the traffic. It reduces the prolonged waiting time and decrease the average waiting time of every person in the traffic.
Keywords— Traffic Light Control; Morphological Operation
- Pranav Maheshwar, Deepanshu Suneja, Praneet Singh,Yogeshwar Mutneja,“Traffic Image Processing System”, Volume 118 – No.2 3, May 2015.
- Raad Ahmed Hadi, Ghazali Sulong and Loay Edwar George, “Vehicle Detection and Tracking Techniques:A Concise Review”, Vol.5, No.1, February 2014.
- Ramesh Navi, Aruna M. G., “Traffic Event Detection using Computer Vision”, Volume 16, Issue 3, Ver. II , May-Jun. 2014.
- Pejman Niksaz, “Automatic traffic estimation using image Processing” International Journal of Signal Processing, Image Processing and Pattern Recognition Vol. 5, No. 4, December, 2012.
- P.D. Kamble, S.P. Untawale and S.B. Sahare,“Application of image processing for traffic queue length” VSRD-MAP, Vol. 2 (5), 2012, 196-205.
- Joonsoo Lee and Alan C. Bovik, “Estimate and Analysis of urban Traffic flow”, 2009.