Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : GROUND WATER MANAGEMENT IN URBAN AND SUBURBAN REGION (A LITERATURE REVIEW PAPER)
Volume 04 Issue 01 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 31-35
Abstract – Groundwater is a key asset because of its typically high caliber and lasting accessibility. However, groundwater administration everywhere throughout the world frequently needs maintainability as prove by falling water tables, drying wetlands, expanding ocean water interruption and general weakening of water quality, As groundwater can’t be restored misleadingly on a huge scale, practical administration of this asset is crucial. Various logical apparatuses are accessible to help with his errand. They incorporate strategies for the assurance of groundwater energize, groundwater displaying including the estimation of its vulnerability, and the interfacing to the financial field. By and large the nature of water administration work can be generally upgraded with new devices accessible, including remote detecting, advanced territory models, differential GPS, ecological tracers, programmed information gathering, displaying and the coupling of models from various orders. High populace development rates in parched
and semi-bone-dry zones and the urbanization directly affect on our country’s ground water assets. The investigation of these different literary works it is said that Ground water maintainability is the advancement and utilization of ground water to meet both ebb and flow.
- Water Education Foundation, “The 2014 Sustainable Groundwater Management Act: A Handbook to Understanding and Implementing the Law,” 2015.
- Sydney Coastal Counsils Group, SCCG Ground Water Working Group,” Ground water management hand book-A guide for local government,” First edition, September 2006.
- http://siteresources.worldbank.org/EXTWAT/Resources/4602122-1210186362590/GWM_Briefing_1.pdf [Accessed online in September, 2016].
- National Groundwater Assosiation,” Ground Water Sustainability: A White Paper,” 2004
- Sushmita Sengupta, Amandep Kang, Nitya Jacob, “the State of Groundwater Management in Bangladesh” , September 2012
- http://www.mowr.gov.bd/images/pdf/WaterAct.pdf [Accessed online in September, 2016].
- L. Surinaidu , C. G. D. Bacon, and P. Pavelic, “Agricultural groundwater management in the Upper Bhima Basin, India: current status and future scenarios”, (2013)
- Kumar, S., Surinaidu, L., Pavelic, P., and Davidson, B.: Integrating cost and benefit considerations with supply- and demand-based strategies for basinscale groundwater management in South-West India, Water Int., 37, 460–477, doi:10.1080/02508060.2012.708601, 2012.
- Dibya Ratna Kansakar, “Understanding Groundwater for Proper Utilization and Management in Nepal