Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Author’s Name : G Shyamala | N Saravanakumar
Volume 04 Issue 01 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 39-43
Abstract – Water is a resource having a very high utility. This usefulness has a very long range purpose starting from domestic to industrial use. The use of water in India is mainly for irrigation purposes. Pollution of aquatic ecosystem leads to impairment of water quality and depletion of aquatic life. The need and use of water depends mainly on the economic development, the standard of living and urbanization. In this study on order to check the water quality, various parameters are to be considered including temperature, pH, total dissolved solids, total suspended solids, free carbon dioxide, biochemical oxygen demand (BOD), chemical oxygen demand (COD), total hardness, turbidity, dissolved oxygen (DO), sulphate, chlorides, electrical conductivity, alkalinity, water quality index (WQI). The attained outcome results are compared with the Indian Standard Drinking Water specification IS: 10500-2012.
- M. Lenin Sundar and M.K. Saseetharam, “Ground water quality in Coimbatore, Tamilnadu along Noyyal River,” vol. 50, No. 3, P. 187-190, July2008.
- R. Venkatasubramani and T. meenambal, “Study on subsurface water quality in Mettupalayam taluk of Coimbatore district, Tamilnadu,” vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 307-310, 2007.
- S.M. Despande and K.R. Aher, “Evaluation of groundwater quality and its suitability for drinking and agriculture use in parts of vaijapur, district Aurangabad, MS, India,” vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 25-31, Jan 2012.
- Deepshikha Sharma and Arun Kansal, “Assessments of river quality models,” vol. 12, pp. 285-311, June 2012.
- Milos B. Rajkovic, Ivana D. Sredovic, Martin B. Racovic and Mirjana D. Stojanovic, “Analysis of quality minerals water of Serbia,” vol. 4, pp. 783-794, June 2012.
- K. Murali and Dr. R. Elangovan, “Assessment of groundwater vulnerability in Coimbatore, south taluk, India using drastic approach,” vol. 3, issue 6, June 2013.
- R. Kavitha, and K. Elangovan, “groundwater quality characteristics at erode district, Tamilnadu, India,” vol. 1, No. 2, 2010.
- Avinash V. Karna and Prabhakar D. Kulkarni, “Studies on physico-chemical characteristics of freshwater bodies in Khatav Tahsil, Maharashtra,” vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 247-251, 2009.
- S.R. Barai and satish Kumar, “Evaluation of the physico – chemical characteristics of river varuna at Varanasi, India,” Vol. 34, pp. 259-265, March 2013.
- N.K. Amaliya and Sugritha P. kumar, “Ground water quality status by water quality index method at kanyakumari (INDIA),” vol. 4, issue. 1, Jan-Mar-2014.
- J. Sirajudeen Arul Manikandan and V. Manivel, “Water Quality Index of ground water around Ampikapuram area near Uyyakondan channel, Tiruchirappalli, Tamilnadu,” vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 21-26, 2012.
- G. Achuthan nair, Jalal Ahmed Bohurai, muftah A. AL-Mariami, Fathi Ali Atia and Fatma F. EI-Toumi, “Ground water quality status by water quality index at North-East Libya,” vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 695-700, 2006.
- Manjesh Kumar and Ramesh Kumar, “Assessment of Physico-Chemical properties of ground water in granite mining area in Goramachia, Jhansi (India),” vol. 2.no. 1, pp. 19-24, 2013.