Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Author’s Name : R Yasodharan | A P Senthil Kumar | G Jeya Murugan | N Karthick | V Karvendhan | R Sanjay Krishna
Volume 04 Issue 01 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 44-47
Abstract – The goal is to develop a laboratory prototype of a solar tracking device which can enhance the performance of the photo voltaic modules in a solar energy system. The working principle of the system is to keep the photo voltaic(PV) modules constantly aligned with the sunrays which increase the exposure of solar panel to the Sun’s radiation. Thus more output power can be produced by the solar panel. This work includes hardware design and employment of it with soft-ware programming for the microcontroller unit of the solar tracker. The system utilized an embed LPC1768 microcontroller to control motion of two stepper motors which rotate solar panel into axes. The degree of rotation was determined by the microcontroller based on the feedback received from four photo sensors located in the panel. With the help of this system a solar tracking system was designed and implemented. It could keep the solar panel to keep focusing to the sun ran light source continually. A numerical measurement was also achieved, which describes how well tracking system improved output power in comparison with fixed mount.
- R. Yasodharan, A.P.Senthilkumar, A. P. Karthikeyan, “ Enhancement of Solar Power Tracking in Photovoltaic using Fuzzy Logic Controller”, (2016). Asian Journal of Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, Vol. 6, No.11, pp. 812-827.
- S.Chowdhury, S.P.Chowdhury, G.A.Taylor, and Y.H.Song, “Mathematical Modeling and Performance Evaluation of a Stand-Alone Polycrystalline PV Plant with MPPT Facility,” IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting – Conversion and Delivery of Electrical Energy in the 21st Century, July 20-24, 2008, Pittsburg, USA.
- R.Yasodharan, A.P.Senthilkumar, .R.Jayachitra, “Assessment of Maximum Power Point Tracking Techniques in Photovoltaic Array” ISSN – 0973 – 1334, National Journal of Technology, Vol.11, No.3, December – 2015, pp. 67-73.
- Jee-Hoon Jung, and S. Ahmed, “Model Construction of Single Crystalline Photovoltaic Panels for Real-time Simulation,” IEEE Energy Conversion Congress & Expo, September 12-16, 2010, Atlanta, USA.
- S. Nema, R.K.Nema, and G.Agnihotri, “Matlab / simulink based study of photovoltaic cells / modules / array and their experimental verification,” International Journal of Energy and Environment, pp.487- 500, Volume 1, Issue 3, 2010.