Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Author’s Name : Lavina Balraj
Volume 04 Issue 01 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 48-51
Abstract – The purpose of this study is to review contemporary wireless network protocols and areas that affect the ability of wireless fidelity (Wi-Fi) technology to secure data transmitted over wireless networks. Wireless protected access Wi-Fi protected access; version 2 (WPA2) protocol has provided a more secure means for securing wireless networks but has only provided stronger encryption as it has a longer key which takes longer to decipher. Wireless networking provides many advantages, but it also coupled with new security threats and alters the organization’s overall information security risk profile. This paper illustrates the key concepts of security, wireless networks, and security over wireless networks. Wireless security is demonstrated by explaining the main specifications of the common security standards like 802.11 WEP, 802.11 WPA and WPA2 (802.11i). Moreover, it explains the concept of WMAN (Wireless Metropolitan Access Network) and its security specifications.
- [Chandra2005],” BULLETPROOF WIRELESS SECURITY : GSM, UMTS,
- 802.11, and Ad Hoc Security (Communications Engineering) ,”. Newnes 2005
- [Imai2006],” Wireless Communications Security ,”. Artech House Publishers 2006
- [Welch2003] “Wireless security threat taxonomy,”. Information Assurance Workshop, 2003. IEEE Systems, Man and Cybernetics Society 18-20 June 2003 Page(s):76 – 83
- [Edney2003],” Real 802.11 Security: Wi-Fi Protected Access and 802.11i ,”.Addison Wesley 2003
- [Earle2005] “Wireless Security Handbook,”. Auerbach Publications 2005
- [Hardjono2005],” Security In Wireless LANS And MANS ,”. Artech House Publishers 2005
- [Rittinghouse2004],” Wireless Operational Security ,”. Digital Press 2004 8. [Prasad2005],” 802.11 WLANs and IP Networking: Security, QoS, and Mobility ,”. Artech House Publishers 2005
- [Manley2005] “Wireless security policy development for sensitive organizations,”.Systems, Man and Cybernetics (SMC) Information Assurance Workshop, 2005. Proceedings from the Sixth Annual IEEE 15-17 June 2005 Page(s):150 – 157.
- [Arbaugh2003] “Wireless security is different,”. Computer Volume 36, Issue 8,Aug. 2003 Page(s):99 – 101.