Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Author’s Name : Prof. Gunaware Ramkrushna | Prof. Youvan Shivappa
Volume 04 Issue 01 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 52-54
Abstract – Superconducting fault current limiter is an attractive electronic device to solve the problem of very high fault current in the power system. In this paper, the performance of enhanced system capacity with existing switchgear by superconducting fault current limiter is studied. At first, a resistive type SFCL is modeled in Simulink. A three phase system with a nominal capacity is designed and then it is replaced by higher capacity keeping switchgear unchanged. Finally, the SFCL is introduced in the higher capacity system. Fault current in this system is limited by SFCL to the level of the presented switchgear. Thus, it is revealed that the outstanding current limiting performance of SFCL can be used to limit the fault to the level of the existing switchgear if the system capacity is improved.
Keywords – SFCL, Simulink, PSC, PCC
- Hye-Rim Kim, Seong-Eun Yang, Seung-Duck Yu, Heesun Kim, Woo- Seok Kim, Kijun Park, Ok-BaeHyun,Byeong-Mo Yang, JungwookSim, and Young-Geun Kim, “Installation and Testing of SFCLs,” IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond , vol. 22, no. 3, June 2012.
- M. Firouzi, G.B.Gharehpetian, and M. Pishvaie, “Proposed New Structure for Fault Current Limiting and Power Quality Improving Functions,” International Conference on Renewable Energies and Power Quality (ICREPQ’10) Granada (Spain), 23rd to 25th March, 2010.
- M. T. Hagh and M. Abapour, “Nonsuperconducting Fault Current Limiter With Controlling the Magnitudes of Fault Currents,” IEEE Trans. Power Electronics, Vol.24, PP. 613–619, March 2009.
- Steven M. Blair, Campbell D. Booth, Nand K. Singh, and Graeme M. Burt, “Analysis of Energy Dissipation in Resistive Superconducting Fault-Current Limiters for Optimal Power System Performance,” IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond , vol. 21, no. 4, August 2011.
- A. S. Emhemed, R. M. Tumilty, N. K. Singh, G. M. Burt, andJ. R. McDonald, “Analysis of transient stability enhancement of LV Connected induction micro generators by using resistive-type fault current limiters,” IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 885–893, May 2010.
- Gum Tae Son, Hee-Jin Lee, Soo-Young Lee, and Jung-Wook Park, “A Study on the Direct Stability Analysis of Multi-Machine Power System With Resistive SFCL,” IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond , vol. 22, no. 3, June 2012.
- Jin-Seok Kim, Sung-Hun Lim, and Jae-Chul Kim, “Study on Application Method of Superconducting Fault Current Limiter for Protection Coordination of Protective Devices in a Power Distribution System,” IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond , vol. 22, no. 3, June 2012.
- B. C. Sung, D. K. Park, J.-W. Park, and T. K. Ko, “Study on optimal location of a resistive SFCL applied to an electric power grid, ”IEEETrans. Appl. Supercond., vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 2048–2052, June 2009.
- S. M. Blair, C. D. Booth, I. M. Elders, N. K. Singh, G. M. Burt, and J. McCarthy, “Superconducting fault current limiter application in a power-dense marine electrical system,” IET Elect. Syst. Transp., vol.1, no. 3, pp. 93–102, Sep. 2011.
- Mathias Noe, AchimHobl, Pascal Tixador, Luciano Martini, and Bertrand Dutoit, “Conceptual Design of a 24 kV, 1 kA Resistive Super conducting Fault Current Limiter,” IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond , vol. 22, no. 3, June 2012.
- Jin Bae Na, Young Jae Kim, Jae Young Jang, Kang SikRyu, Young Jin Hwang, Sukjin Choi, and Tae KukKo, “Design and Tests of Prototyp Hybrid Super conducting Fault Current Limiter With Fast Switch,” IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond , vol. 22, no. 3, June 2012.
- S. Elschner, A. Kudymow, S. Fink, W. Goldacker, F. Grilli, C. Schacherer, A. Hobl, J. Bock, and M. Noe, “ENSYSTROB—Resistive fault current limiter based on coated conductors for medium voltage application,” IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., vol. 21, no. 3, pp.1209– 1212, June 2011.
- T. Yazawa, et al, “Design and Experimental Results of Three-Phase Superconducting Fault Current Limiter Using Highly-Resistive YBCO Tapes”, IEEE Transactions on Applied Super-conductivity, Vol. 19, Issue 3, Part 2, June 2009.
- Jong-Fil Moon, Sung-Hun Lim, Jae-Chul Kim, and Sang-Yun Yun, “Assessment of the Impact of SFCL on Voltage Sags in Power Distribution System,” IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond , vol. 21, no. 3, June2011.