Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : SECURE AND MINIMAL ENERGY CONSUMPTION FOR DATA TRANSFER BY EEPPA APPROACH IN WSN
Volume 04 Issue 10 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 1-4
Abstract – The growth of wireless sensor network has been enhancing drastically for the last few years. However its advantages and applications are increasing the security and energy consumption becomes a major challenging task in WSN. The importance of communication security is essential in unattended and hostile environments. This paper focuses on effective path selection for packet transaction in WSN by implementing Energy Efficient Privacy Path Allocation (EEPPA). This protocol selects the path between source and destination based on demand and consumes minimal energy for transaction. While transferring packets, the unused nodes are moved to sleep mode and only working nodes are in active state, through this approach energy consumption can be reduced comparatively to the existing approaches. This approach includes Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA) to overcome the other major issue (security) during packet transaction. Here homomorphic encryption is deployed for encrypting the data and ECDSA is used to transmit the data with security, confidentiality and integrity. We analyze the performance of our proposed method, through simulation methods in order to ensure the effective working of proposed approach in terms of energy consumption and security.
Keywords – EEPPA, EEAODV, ECDSA, Sleep and Active, Security and Energy Consumption
- J. M. de Fuentes, L. González-Manzano, and O. Mirzaei, “Privacy Models in Wireless Sensor Networks: A Survey J.” Hindawi Publishing Corporation Journal of Sensors Volume 2016, Article ID 4082084, 18 pages.
- Qiuwei Yang, Xiaogang Zhu, Hongjuan Fu, and Xiqiang Che, “Survey of Security Technologies on Wireless Sensor Networks” Hindawi Publishing Corporation Journal of Sensors Volume 2015, Article ID 842392, 9 pages.
- Sukhwinder Sharma, Rakesh Kumar Bansal and Savina Bansal, “Issues and Challenges in Wireless Sensor Networks” International Conference on Machine Intelligence Research and Advancement December 2013.
- Reena Singh, Shilpa Gupta, “EE-AODV: Energy Efficient AODV routing protocol by Optimizing route selection process” International Journal of Research in Computer and Communication Technology, Vol 3, Issue 1, January- 2014.
- Ashwini H and Rajashri Y M, “Implementation of Energy Efficient AODV “ Protocol for Manet” International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT) Vol. 4 Issue 05, May-2015.
- Asvhini a/p Subramaniam, Junaid Ahsenali Chaudhry, and Mudassar Ahmad, “A Study on Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA) for Reliable E-Commerce Applications” Smart Computing Review, vol. 2, no. 1, February 2012.
- Aqeel Khalique Kuldip Singh Sandeep Sood, “Implementation of Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm” International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 2 – No.2, May 2010.
- Dr.M.Senthil, Dr.P.Sivakumar, T.C.Indhumathi, “Sleep & wakeup technique based clustering protocol-performance evaluation in wireless sensor network” Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology 31st October 2014. Vol. 68 No.3.
- Archana P R, Tintu Mary J ohn, “Sleep and Awake Mode of Opportunistic Routing Algorithm in WSN” International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (An ISO 3297: 2007 Certified Organization) Vol. 4, Issue 8, August 2015.
- Dinesh, Ajay Kumar and Rajiv Mahajan, “Efficiency Evaluation of DSR and AODV On-demand protocols in Wireless MANETs” International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science Volume 8, No. 5, May – June 2017.