Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : CONDUCT AND ANALYSIS OF AN INSTRUMENTED SLAB BRIDGE
Volume 04 Issue 10 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 14-16
Abstract – Improved Bridge production is now being broadly utilized by the Departments of Transportation because of the reductions of site visitor’s disruption, social value, environmental effect, and lost time. The bridge additives are built outside of the development place, transported on site, after which hastily set up. Time misplaced because of concrete placement, curing in the creation region, and formwork erection/elimination is decreased. Another advantage to using prefabricated structural factors is the stepped forward high-quality manage. Damaging outcomes due to weather is minimized due to the fact factors are built in a managed environment. Considering the benefits of PBES, some of studies tasks were conducted on the prefabrication and installation of the principle structural elements of the bridges. One approach that has won tremendous attention is to get rid of the joints through revised design strategies. The new design of the usage of high power rods will provide a extra tightly incorporated modular slab bridge gadget with higher put up-tensioning forces. With the new design, the Maryland kingdom toll road administration is particularly inquisitive about the performance of the new design, in particular as compared with the old layout. This thesis affords the system of check, stay load check effects and evaluation results in association with the finite-detail version simulated in a newly-built bridge.
Keywords – link-slab; Load Factor Design; Relay Multiplexer; Transducer Flexure Testing
- Au, A., Lam, C., Au, J. & Tharmabala B., 2013. Eliminating deck joints using debonded link slabs: Research and field tests in Ontario. Journal of Bridge Engineering, 17(8), pp.768-778.
- Caner, A. & Zia, P., 1998. Behavior and design of link slabs for joinless bridge decks. PCI Journal, 43, pp.68-81.
- Charuchaimontri, T., Senjuntichai, T., Ozbolt, J. & Limsuwan, E., 2008. Effect of lap reinforcement in link slabs highway bridges. Engineering Structures, 30(2), pp.546-560.
- Kim, Y.Y., Fischer, G. & Li, V.C., 2004. Performance of bridge deck link slabs designed with ductile engineered cementitious composite. ACI Structural Journal, 101(6), pp.792-801. 10
- Lepech, M. & Li, V., 2005. Design and field demonstration of ECC link slabs for jointless bridge decks. In Proceedings of Construction Materials Conference, Vancouver, BC.
- Li, V.C., Lepech, M. & Li, M., 2005. Field demonstration of durable link slabs for jointless bridge decks based on strain-hardening cementitious composites, Final Report to Michigan Department of Transportation, Lansing, MI.
- Okeil, A.M. & ElSafty, A., 2005. Partial continuity in bridge girders with jointless decks. Journal of Practice Periodical on Structural Design and Construction, 10(4), pp.229-238.
- Ulku, E., Attanayake, U. & Aktan, H., 2010. Jointless bridge deck with link slabs. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2131(1), pp.68-78.
- Wing, K.M. & Kowalsky, M.J., 2005. Behavior, analysis, and design of an instrumented link slab bridge. Journal of Bridge Engineering, 10(3), pp.331-344.