Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : THE IMPACT OF PASSED ON, BREATHING AND EXPLOSION HUNDREDS ON A SUSPENSION BRIDGE
Volume 04 Issue 10 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 20-21
Abstract – Bridges in America are of unique importance. The analysis of these bridges should be carried out for one of a kind loading situations. Bridges are commonly designed for dead load, live load and other occasional loads. American association of state Highways and Transportation officials (AASHTO) have precise for the deliver effect, seismic vulnerability and also in opposition to vehicular collisions. However there are not any specific structural layout criteria for the bridges beneath ordinary blast loadings. This thesis is supposed to provide a primary guiding principle for the usage of the blast load evaluation at the suspension bridge. Further studies can be performed in this discipline to expand a few standards for the bridge resistance towards explosions. Also, the AASHTO loading turned into applied to have a look at the effect of live load at the bridge. The outcomes acquired from live loading at the equal suspension bridge had been carried out to allocate expenses depending upon the effect of precise automobile at the bridge deck. While as compared with the statistics available through the country avenue fee, state of Maryland. Consequences presented on this thesis hence exhibit as large ability for the usage of the RM BRIDGE and for thorough research of the vehicle-bridge interplay and dynamic loading on bridges. For sporting out the impact of blast loading, the bridge turned into modeled in parallel the use of the STADD pro V8i gadget. The complete modeling of the suspension part of the bay bridge became finished on the STADD pro V8i for sporting out the non-linear analysis of the blast loads. The behaviors of every element under the effect of the blasts have been studied from the output generated by using the STADD pro V8i.The output of the software affords results including moments, axial masses and displacements.
Keywords – Bridges, Loading, Conditions, Suspension Bridge, Dynamic Loading
- AASHTO LRFD bridge design specification, Washington D.C., 2003.
- AASHTO/FHWA. Blue Ribbon Panel on Bridge and Tunnel Security, Recommendations for Bridge and Tunnel Security, 2003
- Benzi M.T, Generalized Assessment of bridge vulner ability to terrorist Threats, A probabilistic structural Analysis based approach, University of Delaware, 2006.
- Bounds W, Concrete and blast effects, Special publications SP-175, American concrete institute, Farmington Hills, Mich, 1998.
- Islam A.K.M, Anwarul, Performance of AASHTO girder bridges under blast loading, Ph.D. dissertation, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, 2005.
- Marjanishivili S, and Agnew E, Comparison of various procedures for progressive collapse analysis, Journal of performance of constructed facilities, ASCE, 20(4), 2006.
- Pugsley A, The theory of Suspension Bridge, Edward Arnold, 1957.
- Starossek U, A progressive collapse of multi-span bridges-A case study, Structural engineering international, International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering, 9(2), 1999.
- Starossek U, and Sauvagot G, Discussion on Bridge progressive collapse vulnerability, Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 124(12), 1998, 1497-1498.
- Steinman D.B, Practical treatise on suspension bridges, their design, construction and erection, 2nd edition, Wiley, 1929.
- Steinman D.B, Suspension bridges and cantilevers, their economic proportions and limiting spans, D.Van Nostr and Company, New York, 1911.
- TM-5-1300, Structures to resist the effect of accidental explosions, US department of defense, 1990.
- Winget D.G, Marchandk A, and Williamson E.B, Analysis and design of critical bridges subjected to blast loads, Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 131(8), 2005.