Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : OVERVIEW ON EXPLORATION AND BEHAVIOR INVESTIGATION OF FIELD GIRDER BRIDGES
Volume 04 Issue 10 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 22-23
Abstract – Field girders are actually prominently used in limited-access highway and bridge systems due to their structural efficiency, higher stability, serviceability, economy of creation and appealing aesthetics they may be maximum ideal for bridges curved in plan because of its excessive torsional rigidity. This paper represents the various strategies to recognize the behavior of container Girder Bridges. Bridges are the key element in a delivery machine, they covers an opening by way of connecting two communities separated by using streams, valley, rivers and so on. to satisfy the traffic needs box Girders are the most not pricey and broadly constructed. The need of this examine is to understand behavior of field girder bridges with the assist of various analytical strategies to recognize the behavioral component.
- W. Y. Li ,L. G. Tham and Y. K. Cheung “Curved Box Girder Bridges” Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 114, No.6, June, 1988. ©
- Kaoru Hasebe, Seizo Usuki, and Yasushi Horie “Shear Lag Analysis And Effective Width Of Curved Girder Bridges” Journal of Engineering Mechanics, ASCE ,Vol.11l , January, 1985.
- Yasunori Arizumi, Sumio Hamada and Takeshi Oshiro“ Behaviour Study Of Curved Composite Box Girders” Journal of Engineering Mechanics, ASCE Vol. 114, No. 11,November, 1988
- M. Nabeel Abdel-Salam and Conrad P. Heins “Seismic Response of Curved Steel Box Girder Bridges” Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE Vol. 114, No. 12, December, 1988.
- Khaled M. Sennah and John B. Kennedy “Load Distribution Factors For Composite Multicell Box Girder Bridges” Journal Of Bridge Engineering ,Vol 1, pp.71-78,February,1999
- Khaled M. Sennah and John B. Kennedy “Design for Shear in Curved Composite Multiple Steel box Girder Bridges” Journal Of Bridge Engineering, ASCE Vol. 8, May 1, 2003.
- Ayman M. Okeil,and Sherif El-Tawil, “Warping Stresses in Curved Box Girder Bridges: Case Study” Journal of Bridge Engineering, Vol. 9,pp.487-496, September 1,2004
- Byung H. Choi and Chai H. Yoo “Strength of Stiffened Flanges in Horizontally Curved Box Girders” Journal of Engineering Mechanics, ASCE ,Vol.131,pp.167- 176,February 1,2005.
- P.K. Gupta, K K Singh and A. Mishra “Parametric Study On Behaviour Of Box-Girder Bridges Using Finite Element Method” Asian Journal Of Civil Engineering (Building And Housing) Vol. 11, pp.135- 148 (2010)
IRC: 6- 2010, Standard specifications and code of practice for road bridges, Section- II: Loads and stresses.