Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : IMPACT OF ISOLATION DAMPING ON THE REACTION OF BASE ISOLATED STRUCTURE
Volume 04 Issue 11 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 18-19
Abstract – The version of pinnacle ground absolute acceleration and bearing displacement for diverse bi-linear systems below distinctive earthquakes is computed to observe the consequences of the form of the isolator hysteresis loop. The influence of the form of isolator pressure-deformation loop on the response of remoted structure is studied under the version of vital device parameters including isolator yield displacement, superstructure flexibility, isolation time period and variety of tale of the base-remoted shape. it’s miles determined that the code precise equal linear elastic–viscous damping version of a bi-linear hysteretic gadget overestimates the layout bearing displacement and underestimates the superstructure acceleration. The reaction of base-isolated structure is considerably encouraged through the form of hysteresis loop of isolator. The low cost of yield displacement of isolator (i.e. sliding kind isolation structures) has a tendency to boom the superstructure accelerations associated with high frequencies.
Keywords – Base Isolation,Earthquake, Elastomeric Bearing,Sliding System,Bearing Displacement,Superstructure Acceleration, Bi-linear Hysteresis, Equivalent Linear
- Kelly JM. Seismic base isolation: review and bibliography, Soil Dynamics Earthquake Engineering, 5(1986) 202-16.
- Buckle IG, Mayes RL. Seismic isolation: history, application and performance – A word overview, Earthquake Spectra, No. 2, 6(1990) 161-202.
- Bhasker R, Jangid RS. Experimental study of Base isolated Structures, Journal of Earthquake Technology, 38(2001) 1-15.
- Tsai H-C, Kelly JM. Seismic response of heavily damped base isolation systems, Journal of Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, 22(1993) 633-45.
- Inaudi J, Kelly JM. Optimum damping in linear isolation system, Journal of Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, 22(1993) 583-98.
- Jangid RS. Optimum damping in a non linear base isolation system, Journal of Sound and Vibration, No. 4, 189(1996) 477-87.