Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : AUTOMATED PARKING BRAKE SYSTEM
Volume 04 Issue 11 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 23-25
Abstract – In this technologically advanced era, cars have become a means of daily commute not only for the rich persons but also for many middle class people. Parking brake is an important sub-system in a car, it is engaged manually by the driver after the car is parked for the car to stay stationary. It is our human tendency to forget and even many of the experienced drivers at times forget to engage the parking brake which results in major accidents, sometimes even loss in life. We are overcoming this problem with our project, we are automating the complete process of engaging the hand lever without any human intervention. This setup nullifies the accidents that happen because of not engaging the hand brakes if installed in the cars. This type of system is already done by some developers using a mechanical and electronic component that costs high, but in our project we are using only solenoids, an Arduino board, rack and pawl setup as the major components with other small components. The main advantage with our project is that it’s mechanism is simple and costs less.
Keywords – Parking Brake, Controller, Automate, Sensor, Solenoid
- How it works: Electronic parking brake system by Barry Dyson.
- Electric park brake- ZF TRW solutions.
- Electronically Controlled Parking Brake System; Inventors: James H.Arnold,Huntsville; Randal 5:092:432 3/1992 
- Electronic parking brake using series motors, by Volkswagen Research and Development, Germany.
- Electronics Parking Brake System. By, Mando Corporation. Publication number: US 2015/0152928 A1.
- Electronic Parking Brake; Inventors: Jong-Gu Son and Sung-Wook Yu
- Publication no: US 2015/0167761 A1.
- Electric parking brake system in a vehicle. Inventors: Masayohi Matsuo, Kazuhiro Takagishi, KoujiTobito, Yukihiro Kanemaru; Assignee: Mazda Motor Corporation; Application number: 575,663; Patent number: 4,629,043