Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : ENERGY CONSERVATION TECHNIQUES IN A FOUNDRY
Volume 04 Issue 11 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 43-47
Abstract – An energy audit is an inspection, survey and analysis of energy flows for energy conservation in a building, process or system to reduce amount of energy input in to the system without negatively affecting the outputs. Energy audits don’t save money and energy for companies unless the recommendations are implemented. Audit reports should be designed to encourage implementation, but often they impede it instead. This energy audit was carried out in a foundry. Energy auditing is done in the fields of furnaces, cooling tower, compressor, sand plant, core shop, molding and other loads. In this paper, we discuss our experience with writing industrial energy audit reports and suggest some ways to make the reports more user-friendly. The goal in writing an audit report should not be the report itself; rather, it should be to achieve implementation of the report recommendations and thus achieve increased energy efficiency and energy cost savings for the customer.
- Ashok S. and Rangan Banerjee, “An Optimization Mode for Industrial Load and Management”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems Vol. 16, No. 4, Nov. 2007.
- Energy conservation measures in the Foundry sector, Published by Winrock International India, 2010.
- Compressed air system, available on www.energymanagertraining.com, 2004. http://www.em-ea.org/Guide%20Books/book
- A guidebook for performing walk-through energy audits of Industrial facilities www.oregon.gov/ENERGY/CONS/industry/OCS/ AuditGuide.pdf. S. R. Bhawarkar and S. Y. Kamdi, “Electrical Energy Audit of a Electroplating Unit-A case study”, International Conference on Recent Advancement in Electrical, Electronics and Control Engineers, 2011.
- S. R. Bhawarkar and S. Y. Kamdi, “Electrical energy audit of a electroplating unit – A case study”, International Conference on Recent Advancements in Electrical, Electronics and Control Engineering, 2011.
- F. Cottrell and W. F. Cottrell, “Energy and Society”, The Relation between Energy, Social Change, and Economic Development, New York: McGraw-Hill, pp.330-331, 1995.
- Energy Audit Team, “Energy audit of IIT- Roorkee campus”, IIT Roorkee, 2010.
- J. Gomes, D. Coelho and M. Valdez, “Energy audit in a school building technology, professional and artistic school of Pombal”, IEEE Conference Publications on Energetics, 3rd International Youth Conference(IYCE), Vol-8, 2011.
- Harapajan singh, Manjeevan Seera, Mohamad Adha Mohamad Idin, “Electrical Energy Audit a Malaysian University – A Case Study”, IEEE International Conference on Power and Energy, Vol-8, No-12, 2012.
- H. E. Hua, L. Tian-yu , Z. Zhi-yong and Z. Juan, “Energy Saving Potential of a Public Building in Jiangbei District of Chongqing”, International Conference on Management and Service Science, 2009.
- IEEE Standard 739-1995, “IEEE Standard Practice for Energy Management in Industrial and Commercial Facilities”, 1995.
- www.beeindia.gov.in, Bureau of Energy Efficiency, Ministry of power, Government of India, 2015.
- www.powermin.nic.in, “All India region wise generating installed capacity of power” Central authority ministry of power, Government of India, 2011.
- www.tangedco.gov.in, “Tamil Nadu electricity regulatory commission”, Determination Of tariff for generation and distribution, 2014.
- www.teriin.org, “Energy Efficiency in Small to Medium Sized Enterprises. Tata Energy Research Institute”, 2000.