Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : STUDY AND ANALYSIS OF ENERGY UTILIZATION GREEN HETEROGENEOUS NETWORKS
Volume 04 Issue 11 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 63-66
Abstract – The most promising approach for International Mobile Telecommunication (IMT) Advanced is the Heterogeneous Networks (Het Nets). It is an advanced network topology that cooperates between multiple tiers of base stations such as macro, micro, pico, femto and relay base stations. By intelligent interference management, Het Nets exploits frequency reuse to its maximum, and provides high data rate coverage everywhere. However, existing research on Het Nets has focused mostly on the high data rate aspects, but rarely on the energy efficiency aspects. In this paper analysed both energy and power consumption in green heterogeneous networks. Energy-efficiency is one of the major design goals in Green Heterogeneous Networks (Green-Het Nets), has received much attention lately, due to increased awareness of environmental and economic issues for network operators. This paper is analyzed various green Het Nets techniques such as two level dynamic schemes, multi objective optimization problem (MOP), Green energy aware and latency aware (GALA), area green efficiency (AGE), area spectral efficiency (ASE), centralized and distributed heuristic algorithm and two stage energy aware traffic off-loading (TEATO) to achieve the required energy consumption while providing the required data rate increased based on their merits, demerits and metrics.
Keywords – HetNets,IMT,Green HetNets,GALA,TEATO
- Sun, H., Wang, B., Kapoor, R., Sambhwani, S., & Scipione, M. “Introducing heterogeneous networks in HSPA”, In Communications (ICC), 2012 IEEE International Conference on (pp. 6045-6050), IEEE, June 2012.
- Zhang, Y., Vin, H., Alvisi, L., Lee, W., & Dao, S. K, “Heterogeneous networking: a new survivability paradigm”, In Proceedings of the 2001 workshop on New security paradigms (pp. 33-39), ACM, September 2001.
- Damnjanovic, A., Montojo, J., Wei, Y., Ji, T., Luo, T., Vajapeyam, M., … & Malladi, D, “A survey on 3GPP heterogeneous networks”, IEEE Wireless Communications, 18(3), 2013.
- Khandekar, A., Bhushan, N., Tingfang, J., & Vanghi, V, “LTE-advanced: Heterogeneous networks”, In Wireless Conference (EW), 2010 European (pp. 978-982), IEEE, April 2010.
- Al-Zahrani, A. Y., & Yu, F. R., “An energy-efficient resource allocation and interference management scheme in green heterogeneous networks using game theory”, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 65(7), 5384-5396, 2016.
- Pervaiz, H., Musavian, L., Ni, Q., & Ding, Z, “Energy and spectrum efficient transmission techniques under QoS constraints toward green heterogeneous networks”, IEEE Access, 3, 1655-1671, 2015.
- Shakir, M. Z., Qaraqe, K. A., Tabassum, H., Alouini, M. S., Serpedin, E., & Imran, M. A, “Green heterogeneous small-cell networks: Toward reducing the CO 2 emissions of mobile communications industry using uplink power adaptation”, IEEE Communications Magazine, 51(6), 52-6, 2013.
- Han, T., & Ansari, N, “Green-energy aware and latency aware user associations in heterogeneous cellular networks”, In Globecom Workshops (GC Wkshps), 2013 IEEE(pp. 4946-4951), IEEE, December 2013.
- Mesodiakaki, A., Adelantado, F., Antonopoulos, A., Kartsakli, E., Alonso, L., & Verikoukis, C, “Energy impact of outdoor small cell backhaul in green heterogeneous networks”. In Computer Aided Modeling and Design of Communication Links and Networks (CAMAD), 2014 IEEE 19th International Workshop on (pp. 11-15), IEEE, December 2014.
- Son, K., Kim, H., Yi, Y., & Krishnamachari, B, “Base station operation and user association mechanisms for energy-delay trade offs in green cellular networks”, IEEE journal on selected areas in communications, 29(8), 1525-1536, 2011.
- Tabassum, H., Shakir, M. Z., & Alouini, M. S, “Area green efficiency (AGE) of two tier heterogeneous cellular networks”, In Globecom Workshops (GC Wkshps), 2012 IEEE (pp. 529-534), IEEE, December 2012.
- Wang, B., Yang, Q., Yang, L. T., & Zhu, C, “On minimizing energy consumption cost in green heterogeneous wireless networks”, Computer Networks, 2017.
- Yaacoub, E, “RESCUE: Renewable energy small cells for utility enhancement in green LTE HetNets”, IEEE Systems Journal, 2015.
- Tang, L., Wang, W., Wang, Y., & Chen, Q, “An Energy-Saving Algorithm With Joint User Association, Clustering, and On/Off Strategies in Dense Heterogeneous Networks”., IEEE Access, 5, 12988-13000, 2017.
- Zhang, S., Zhang, N., Zhou, S., Gong, J., Niu, Z., & Shen, X, “Energy-aware traffic offloading for green heterogeneous networks”, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 34(5), 1116-1129, 2016.