Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : DYEING OF COTTON FABRIC WITH ECO-FRIENDLY NATURAL DYE OBTAINED FROM FLOWER OF THESPESIA POPULNEA USING SINGLE MORDANTS
Volume 04 Issue 12 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 1-4
Abstract – Bleached cotton fabric was dyed with natural dye obtained from the flower of Thespesia populnea. The colour fastness properties and colour strength of dyed cotton fabric was determined and compared. From the comparative study of fastness properties and colour strength of the dyed cotton samples, Thespesia populnea in simultaneous mordanting method with 3% mordant combination gives better results.
Keywords – Thespesia populnea, Colour strength, Fastness, Mordant, Natural dye
- Anderson, B., Creative spinning, weaving and plant dyeing, Angus and Robinson, Singapore, 1971,24-28.
- Samanta, A.K., Agarwal Priti, and Datta Siddhartha, Dyeing of jute and cotton fabrics using jack fruit extract: part –I: Effects of mordanting and dyeing process variables on colour yield and colour fastness properties, Indian Journal of Fibre and Textile Research, 2007, 32, 466-476.
- Sandeep bains, Sumeet kang, and Koshal preet kaur, Dyeing of wool with Peach dye using combination of mordants, Journal of the Textile Association, 2005,127-131.
- Sandeep Bains, Singh, O.P., Ganganpreet Goraya, and Manpreet Kang, Dyeing of cotton with Goldendrop (Onosma Echioides) dye, Journal of the Textile Association, 2003, 183-186,
- Gulrajani, M.L. and Gupta Deepti, Natural dyes and their application to textiles, Department of Textile Technology, IIT, Delhi,1992,10-25.
- Thomas Bechtold, Mussak, R., Mahamud -Ali, A., Ganglberger, E. and Geissler, Extraction of natural dyes for textile dyeing from coloured plant wastes released from food and beverage industry, J. Sci. Food Agric.,2006,.86,233-242.
- Kumar, P. E., Kumaresan, M. and Boopathi, T.S, A study on the extraction of eco-friendly natural dyes from Pongamia pinnato for dyeing, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore,2004.
- Kumaresan, M., Palanisamy, P.N. and Kumar, P.E, Application of eco-friendly natural dyes on Cotton obtained from the stem of Achras sapota using combination of mordants, Nature Environment and Pollution Technology,2010, 9(3),547-552.
- Kumaresan, M., Palanisamy, P.N. and Kumar, P.E, Dyeing of cotton using flower of Cordia sebestena: Effects of mordanting and fastness properties, Journal of Asian Scientific Research,2011, 1(4), 137-142.
- Kumaresan M., Palanisamy P.N. and Kumar P.E, Dyeing of cotton and silk fabrics using stem of Achras sapota extract: Effects of mordanting and dyeing process variables on colour yield and colour fastness properties, The Asian Journal of Experimental Chemistry, 2011, 6(1),1-7.
- Kumaresan M., Palanisamy P.N. and Kumar P.E, Application of eco-friendly natural dye obtained from Cordia sebestena on cotton using combination of mordants, Journal of Natural Product and Plant Resources,2012, 2(1), 32-38.
- Kumaresan M., Palanisamy P.N. and Kumar P.E, Application of eco-friendly natural dye on cotton using combination of mordants, Indian Journal of Fibre & Textile Research,2012,37,194-198.
- Kumaresan M., Palanisamy P.N. and Kumar P.E, Dyeing of silk fabric with eco-friendly natural dyes using single mordants: Comparison of fastness properties and colour strength, International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences, 2012,3(4),1614-1620.
- Kumaresan M., Fastness properties of dyed silk fabric with eco-friendly natural dyes obtained from Achras sapota and Cordia sebestena- A Comparison,Journal of Environmental Nano Technology,2014,ISSN: 2279-0748,3(2),194-199.
- Kumaresan M., “Dyeing of cotton with eco-friendly natural dyes obtained from flower of Plumeria species using single mordants” International Journal of ChemTech Research, Vol.8.No.12, pp.411- 417, 2015.
- Kumaresan M and Senthilkumar K., “Dyeing of silk with eco-friendly natural dyes obtained from flower of Plumeria Species using single mordants”, Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol.9.No.1,pp.313- 317,2016.
- Kumaresan M., “Dyeing of cotton with eco-friendly natural dyes obtained from the flower of Russelia equisetiformis using single mordants”, International Journal of Applied Research, Vol.2.No.8, pp.570- 580,2016.
- Dr.M.Kumaresan,P.Balasubramaniam, E.Dhanasekaran,N.Sudha, “Preparation of Nano Natural Dyes from the Flower of Russelia Equisetiformis and Applying on Fabrics Using Mordants” SSRG International Journal of Applied Chemistry (SSRG-IJAC), Vol.4.No.1., pp. 1-3, 2017.