Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : INTERNET OF THINGS APPLICATIONS, CHALLENGES AND FUTURE TECHNOLOGIES-A REVIEW
Volume 04 Issue 12 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 5-9
Abstract – Nowadays Internet of Things (IoT) gained a great attention from researchers, since it becomes an important technology that promises a smart human being life, by allowing a communications between objects, machines and every things together with peoples. IoT represents a system which consists a things in the real world, and sensors attached to or combined to these things, connected to the Internet via wired and wireless network structure. The IoT sensors can use various types of connections such as RFID, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and ZigBee, in addition to allowing wide area connectivity using many technologies such as GSM, GPRS, 3G, and LTE. IoT-enabled things will share information about the condition of things and the surrounding environment with people, software systems and other machines. by the technology of the IoT, the world will becomes smart in every aspects, since the IoT will provides a means of smart cities, smart healthcare, smart homes and building, in addition to many important applications such as smart energy, grid, transportation, waste management and monitoring . In this paper we review a concept of many IoT applications and future possibilities for new related technologies in addition to the challenges that facing the implementation of the IoT.
Keywords – IoT Applications, Future Technologies, Smart Cities, Smart Environment, Smart Energy and Grid, Smart Manufacturing, Smart Healthcare
- M. A. Ezechina, K. K. Okwara, C. A. U. Ugboaja. The Internet of Things (Iot): A Scalable Approach to Connecting Everything. The International Journal of Engineering and Science 4(1) (2015) 09-12.
- Saranya C. M., Nitha K. P., Analysis of Security methods in Internet of Things. International Journal on Recent and Innovation Trends in Computing and Communication, Volume 3, Issue 4; April 2015.
- Sapandeep Kaur, Ikvinderpal Singh. A Survey Report on Internet of Things Applications. International Journal of Computer Science Trends and Technology Volume 4, Issue 2, Mar – Apr 2016.
- S. Misra et al., Security Challenges and Approaches in Internet of Things. Springer Briefs in Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2016.
- Suwimon Vongsingthong and Sucha Smanchat. A Review of Data Management in Internet of Things. KKU Res. J. 2015
- http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/552232/Downloads/Partner_program/Smart_Environment s_Flyer.pdf?t=1458917278396
- Jayavardhana Gubbia, Rajkumar Buyyab, Slaven Marusic, Marimuthu Palaniswami. Internet of Things (IoT): A vision, architectural elements, and future directions. Future Generation Computer Systems 29 (2013) 1645-1660
- Debasis Bandyopadhyay, Jaydip Sen. Internet of Things – Applications and Challenges in Technology and Standardization. arvix 9 may 2011
- http://www.academia.edu/3276195/Internet_of_Things_Applications_and_Challenges_i n_Technology_and_Standardization
- Adam D. Thierer. The Internet of Things and Wearable Technology: Addressing Privacy and Security Concerns without Derailing Innovation. 21 Rich. J. L. & Tech. 6 (2015).
- Patrick Guillemin, et al., Internet of Things Position Paper on Standardization for IoT technologies. European research cluster on the internet of things; January, 2015.
- Patrick Guillemin et al., Internet of Things standardization – Status, Requirements, Initiatives and Organizations. Conference: Internet of Things – Converging Technologies for Smart Environments and Integrated Ecosystems 2013.
- Eiman Al Nuaimi1 et al., Applications of big data to smart cities. Journal of Internet Services and Applications 2015.
- http://www.7wdata.be/article-general/how-big-data-and-internet-of-things-builds-smartcities/  A. Murray, M. Minevich, and A. Abdoullaev. Being smart about smart cities. KM World, October 2011.
- Farheen Fatima, at el., Internet of things: A Survey on Architecture, Applications, Security, Enabling Technologies, Advantages & Disadvantages. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering Vol. 4, Issue 12, December 2015.
- http://www.connected-living.org/content/4-information/4-downloads/4-studien/20- mind-commerce-smart-homes-companies-and-solutions-2014/mind-commerce_smarthomes-companies-and-solutions-2014_glo_12-2014.pdf
- http://www.gsma.com/connectedliving/wpcontent/uploads/2012/03/vision20of20smart2 0home20report.pdf
- Jukka Suhonen. Experiences and Future Plans for WSN-enabled Service Development in Home Environment. Realin white paper 2013