Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : USE OF INDUSTRIAL WASTE MATERIALS IN ROAD CONSTRUCTION
Volume 04 Issue 12 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 10-12
Abstract – Present day’s industrial waste material disposal is a major problem. These materials effect to environmental pollution in the nearby areas because many of them are non-biodegradable. India has a more number of industries located in different places of the country and many more are planned for the near future. Every year several million metric tons industrial wastes are produced in these establishments. In developing countries like India Transportation is most important requirement for economic and social development. The use of these materials in road making is based on technical, economic, and ecological criteria. The pollution and disposal problems may be partly reduced. There are many types of waste material found in India like industrial, building, household, agricultural etc. It includes coal ash, stone quarry, plastics, glass, recycled aggregate, geo-naturals, fibers and polythene bags etc.. In this paper we describe the use of industrial waste material in road construction.
Keywords – Road Construction, Industrial Waste, Cements Kiln Dust, Blast Furnace Slag, Fly Ash
- Anupam A. K., Kumar P. and Ransinchung R. N. G. D., “Use of Various Agricultural and Industrial Waste Materials in Road Construction”, Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences of 2nd Conference of Transportation Research Group of India (2nd CTRG), 104, 264-273, 2013.
- Beeghly J. H., “Recent experiments with lime – fly ash stabilization of pavement sub-grade soils, base, and recycle asphalt”, in proceedings of International ash utilization symposium, center for applied energy research, university of Kentucky, 1-18, 2003.
- Bhuvaneshwari S., Robinson R. G., Gandhi S. R., “Stabilization of expansive soils using fly ash”, in proceedings of Fly Ash Utilization Programmed (FAUP), New Delhi, India, VII(5.1-5.10), 2005.
- Bolden J., Abu-Lebdeh T. and Fini E., “Utilization of recycled and waste materials in various construction applications”, American Journal of Environmental Science, 9 (1), 14-24, 2013
- Kolisetty R. K. and Chore H.S., “Utilization of Waste Materials in Construction Activities: A Green Concept”, in proceedings of International conference on Green Computing and Technology, 1-5, 2013.