Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : DETECTION OF CANCER USING K-MEANS CLUSTER ALGORITHM AND TOPOLOGY CREATION
Volume 04 Issue 12 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 19-21
Abstract – Micro calcifications are tiny specks of mineral deposits like calcium, that can be scattered throughout the mammary gland, or occur in clusters. They can also be found in the prostate in men and lead to prostatic hyperplasia. When found on a mammogram, a radiologist will then decide whether the specks are of concern usually, this is not the case. Commonly, they simply indicate the presence of tiny benign cysts, but can signify the presence of early breast cancer for this reason, it is important to attend regular screening sessions, as recommended by your health service. In currently the micro calcification cluster is a important primary sign of breast cancer. The breast cancer is detected the early stage and it is identify the benign or malignant. The existing approaches are tending to concentrate on to the morphological of micro calcification and/or statistical cluster features. In this paper , the proposed method is K-Means techniques are used to detect the malignant or benign. A graph generation is a set of micro calcification is to represent the multiple scales at topological structure of micro calcification clusters.
Keywords – Micro Calcification, Segmentation
- Zhili Chen∗, Harry Strange, Arnau Oliver, Erika R. E. Denton, Caroline Boggis, and Reyer Zwiggelaar,” Topological Modeling and Classification of Mammographic Micro calcification Clusters”, IEEE transactions on biomedical engineering, vol. 62, NO. 4, APRIL 2015.
- Heang-Ping Chany, Berkman Sahiner, Nicholas Petrick” Computerized classification of malignant and benign microcalcifications on mammograms: texture analysis using an artificial neural network,IEEE transactions on biomedical engineering,(2001).
- Nizar Ben Hamad, Mohamed Ellauze* and Med Salim Bouhlel” Wavelets Investigation for Computer Aided Detection of Micro calcification in Breast Cancer” IEEE transaction 978-1-4244-3757-3/09/$25.00 ©2009.4
- F. Dehghan, H. Abrishami-Moghaddam, M. Giti” Automatic Detection of Clustered Micro calcifications in Digital Mammograms: Study on Applying Adaboost with SVM-based Component Classifiers”IEEE transaction August 20-24, 2008.
- Robert M. Nishikawa, Dulcy E. Wolverton” Computerized Classification of Malignant and benign Clustered Micro calcifications in Mammograms”IEEE transaction Oct. 30 – Nov. 2, 1997 Chicago, IL. USA
- Shrinivas D Desai, Megha G” Detection of Micro calcification in Digital Mammograms by Improved-MMGW Segmentation Algorithm”IEEE transaction on 2013.
- Liang Shen, Rangaraj M. Rangayyan, and J. E. Leo Desautels” Application of Shape Analysis to Mammographic Calcifications” IEEE transactions ok Medical imaging, vol 13. no. 2. June 1994.
- Joachim Dengler, Sabine Behrens, and Johann Friedrich Desaga” Segmentation of Micro calcifications in Mammograms” IEEE transactions on Medical imaging, vol. 12, no. 4, December 1993
- Caro Lucas, Gelareh Mortezaie” Analysis of Mammographic Micro calcifications Using gray –level Images and Neural Networks” IEEE transactions on medical imaging, vol. 12, no. 4, December 2001.
- Ayman A. AbuBaker” Automatic Micro calcification Detection Using Wavelet Transform” International Journal of Computer Theory and Engineering, Vol. 7, No. 1, February 2015.
- H.Strange et al.,” Modelling mammographic micro calcification clusters using persistent mereotopology”,Pattern Recog.Lett.,vol.47,pp.157-163,2014.
- Chun-Ming Chang and Andrew Laine” Coherence of Multiscale Features for Enhancement of Digital Mammograms” IEEE trans on information tech in biomedical,vol.,3,march 1999.
- A. F. Laine, S. Schuler, J. Fan, and W. Huda, “Mammographic feature enhancement by multi scale analysis,” IEEE Trans. Med. Image., vol. 13,pp. 725–740, Apr. 1994.
- Z. Chen et al., “Analysis of mammographic micro calcification clusters using topological features,” in Breast Imaging (ser. Lecture Notes in Computer Science), vol. 8539, H. Fujita, T. Hara, and C. Muramatsu, Eds. New York, NY, USA: Springer, 2014, pp. 620–627.
- J. Dengler et al., “Segmentation of micro calcification in mammograms,” IEEE Trans. Med. Imag., vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 634–642, Dec. 1993.