Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : APPLICATIONS OF GRAPH THEORY IN EVERYDAY LIFE AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
Volume 04 Issue 12 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 22-25
Abstract – “We are currently preparing students for jobs that don’t yet exist using technologies that haven’t been invented in order to solve problems we don’t even know are problems yet.”~ Karl Fisch The field of mathematics plays vital role in various fields. One of the important areas in mathematics is graph theory which is used in structural models. This paper aims to emphasize the applications of graph theory in daily life and Technologies. This paper gives an overview of applications of graph theory in heterogeneous fields but focuses on Computer Science applications that uses graph theoretical concepts. Various papers based on graph theory have been studied related to computer science applications ,Applications in everyday life and an overview has been presented here.
Keywords – Graph, Graph Colouring, Euler Graph, Hamiltonian Graph, Network, Operation Research
- Adam Schenker, Mark Last, horst Banke, Abraham andel,”Clustering of Web documents using a graph model”, Springer werlog, Septermber 2007.
- Anindya J.Pal, Samar S.Sarma, Biman Ray, “CCTP, Graph Coloring algorithms – Soft computing Solutions IEEE, 2007
- Bing Hong Liu, Wel Chieh Ke, Chin-Hsien Tsai, Ming-Jer Tsai, “Constructing a message pruning tree with minimum cost for tracking moving objects in wireless sensor networks”, IEEE Volume 57, Number 6, July 2008
- Daniel Marx, “Graph Coloring problems and their applications in scheduling”,
- Gian Luca Marcialis, Fabio Roli, Alessandra Serrau, “Graph Based and Structural Methods for Fingerprint Classification, Springer verlag, Berlin Heidelberg 2007
- John.P.Hayes, “A graph Model for Fault Tolerant Computing Systems”, IEEE September 1976
- Narasingh Deo, “Graph theory with applications to engineering and computer science”, Prentice Hall of India, 1990.
- Perri Mehonen, Janne Riihijarvi, Marina Petrova, “Automatic Channel allocation for small wireless area networks using graph coloring algorithm approach”, IEEE 2004
- A, Prathik; K, Uma; J, Anuradha, (2016);”AnOverview of application of Graph theory”,http://sphinxsai.com/2016/ch_vol9_no2/1/(242-248)V9N2CT.pdf.
- Balaban, A. T., Ed. Chemical (1967),”Applications of Graph Theory”; Academic Press: London.
- Besjana; Tosuni; Albania; “Some interesting topics of Graph Theory in Modern Computer Science and Engineering” ISSN 1946-4690
- Daniel Marx, “Graph Coloring problems and their applications in scheduling”.
- Eulerian and Hamiltonian Graphs http://compalg.inf.elte.hu/~tony/Oktatas/TDK/FIN AL/Chap%203.PDF.
- Shariefuddin Pirzada and Ashay Dharwadker, “Journal of the Korean Society for Industrial and applied Mathematics, Volume 11, No.4,2007
- Sven Dickinson, Pelillo, Ramin Zabih, “Introduction to the special section on graph algorithms in computer vision”, IEEE on pattern analysis, Vol 23 No. 10, September 2001
- V.P.Eswaramoorthy, “New algorithm for analyzing performance of neighbourhood strategies in solving job shop scheduling problems, Journal of Scientific & Industrial Research, August 2008
- Fayyad; U. Shapiro; G.P. and Smyth, P; “From data mining to knowledge discovery in Databases,” AI Magazine, 1996, 37-53.
- Narasingh; Deo; “Graph theory with applications to engineering and computer science”, Prentice Hall of India, 1990.
- Nishizeki, Takao; Tamassia, Roberto; Wagner, Dorothea. -Berlin: Springer, “Graph algorithms and applications: special issue” 2000 – (Algorithmica:26.2000, 1).
- S.RishiPal; Vandana;(2014) “Application of graph theory in Computer Science and Engineering” ,http://research.ijcaonline.org/volume104/num ber1/pxc3899025.pdf