Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : VLSI IMPLEMENTATION OF EFFICIENT CODE COMPRESSOR WITH REDUCED STORAGE FOR BIO-SIGNAL PROCESSOR
Volume 04 Issue 02 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 26-29
Abstract – This paper describes a highly integrated VLSI implementation of code compression technique that can be used for Bio signal processors with reduced storage. This processor design is improved Code density and it reduces scarce resource memory and also improves processor performance in important design parameters like power consumption and performance. Code compression also improves the portability and it used for compressing of neural signals like Electroencephalogram(EEG),Electrocardiogram (ECG), and Electromyogram (EMG).Due to this technique 28% of memory was saved when implemented in VLSI technology. This may also reduce the power Consumption, since memory consumes a significant amount of processor‘s power.
Keywords –Bio signal processor, System-on-chip (SOC), Electroencephalogram (EEG),Electrocardiogram (ECG), Electromyogram (EMG) Code Compression, Code density, VLSI
- KanadBasu and Prabhat Mishra,Test Data Compression Using Efficient Bitmask and Dictionary Selection Methods,IEEE Tran, Very Large Scale Integr. (VLSI) Syst, vol. 18, Sep-2010.
- Talal Bonny and JörgHenkel,‖Efficient Code Compression for Embedded Processors,‖ IEEE Trans.,Vol. 16, No. 12, December 2008
- T. Bonny and J. Henkel, ―Using lin-kernighan algorithm for look-up table compression to improve code density in Proc. IEEE/ACM 16th Great Lakes Symp. VLSI (GLSVLSI), 2006, p. 259–265.
- TalalBonny and Joerg Henkel,―Efficient Code Density Through Look-up Table Compression,‖UniversityofKarlsruhe,Department of Computer Science,Karlsruhe, Germany,IEEE ,2007
- Enoch O. Hwang, Digital Logic and Microprocessor Design With VHDL,La Sierra University, Riverside