Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : IMPROVED NETWORK INTRUSION DETECTION AND PREVENTION
Volume 04 Issue 02 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 64-66
Abstract – In this age of gigabit Ethernet and broadband internet, network security has been the top priority for most of the researchers. Technology advancements have advantages as well as disadvantages. Most of the communication of present world, the e-world, takes place online, through the internet. Thus the context of network intrusions and attacks to hack into servers also came into existence. Internet security is a fashionable and fast-moving field; the attacks that are catching the headlines can change significantly from one year to the next. Regardless of whether they’re directly relevant to the work you do, network-based attacks are so high-profile that they are likely to have some impact, even if you only use hacker stories to get your client to allocate increased budgets to counter the more serious threats.
Keywords –Intrusion Detection System, Prevention, Vulnerability, Security
- Y. Zhang, G. Chen, W. Weng, and Z. Wang, “An Overview of Intrusion Prevention Systems,”IEEE ICCSNA , vol. 3, no. 12, pp. 147–150, 2010
- U. A. Sandhu, S. Haider, S. Naseer, O. U. Ateeb, “A Survey of Intrusion Detection & Prevention Techniques”, International Conference on Information Communication and Management IPCSIT: IACSIT Press, Singapore 2011.
- K. Scarfone and P. Mell, Guide to Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDPS), Recommendations of the National Institute of Standards and Technology: NIST Special Publication, February 2007
- Alsunbul, S.; Le, P.; Tan, J., “A Defense Security Approach for Infrastructures against Hacking,” Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (TrustCom), 2013 12th IEEE International Conference on , vol., no., pp.1600,1606, 16-18 July 2013.
- S. McClure, J. Scambray, and G. Kurtz, Hacking Exposed: Network Security Secrets and Solutions, Seventh Edition: McGraw-Hill, Inc.,2012
- Bashir, U.; Chachoo, M., “Intrusion detection and prevention system: Challenges & opportunities,” Computing for Sustainable Global Development (INDIACom), 2014 International Conference on , vol., no., pp.806,809, 5-7 March 2014.
- Wattanapongsakorn, N.; Srakaew, S.; Wonghirunsombat, E.; Sribavonmongkol, C.; Junhom, T.; Jongsubsook, P.; Charnsripinyo,C., “A Practical Network-Based Intrusion Detection and Prevention System,” Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (TrustCom), 2012 IEEE 11th International Conference on , vol., no., pp.209,214, 25-27 June 2012.
- Mudzingwa, D.; Agrawal, R., “A study of methodologies used in intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDPS),” Southeastcon, 2012 Proceedings of IEEE , vol., no., pp.1,6, 15-18 March 2012.