Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : EFFECT OF ELASTIC MODULUS DUE TO CHANGE IN STEEL FIBERS AND SIZE OF AGGREGATES IN M30 AND M50 CONCRETE
Volume 04 Issue 02 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 93-95
Abstract – This paper presents a experimental study considers the effect of aggregate size &steel fibers on the modulus of elasticity of concrete. The modulus of elasticity of concrete is a very important parameter reflecting the ability of concrete to deform elastically. Modulus of elasticity of high strength concrete is very important in avoiding excessive deformation, providing satisfactory serviceability, and avoiding the most cost-effective designs. The present experimental study considers the effect of aggregate size and steel fibers on the modulus of elasticity of concrete. Crimped steel fibers at volume fraction of 0%.0.5%, 1.0% and 1.5% were used. Study on effect of volume fraction of fibers and change of aggregate size on the modulus of elasticity of concrete was also deemed as an important part of present experimental investigation. This work aims in studying the mechanical behavior of concrete in terms of modulus of elasticity with the change of aggregate size reinforced with steel fibers of different series for M30 and M50 grade concretes.
Keywords – Steel Fibers,Different Size of Aggregates,Compressive Test,Split Tensile Test,Cement,Water,Vibrator,Weighing Machine
- A.M Shende et al. “Comparative Study on Steel Fiber Reinforced cum Control Concrete” International Journal of Advanced Engineering Sciences and Technologies Vol. No. 6, Issue No. 1, 116 – 120.
- Banthia, N,Chokri,K, and Trottier,JF,1995. Impact tests on Cement-Based Fiber Reinforced Com-posites. ACI Publications, Detroit, USA, SP, 155-9, pp.171-188
- BS 1881: Part 121:1983,” Testing concrete Method for determination of static modulus of elasticity in compression”.
- Elsaigh, WA and Kearsley, EP, 2002.”Effect of Steel Fiber Content on Properties of Concrete”. Journal of Concrete/Beton, South Africa, No 102, pp. 8-12
- Er Prashant Y.Pawade et al. “Effect of Steel Fi-bers on Modulus of Elasticity of Concrete” (IJAEST) International Journal of Advanced Engineering Sciences and Technologies Vol No. 7, Issue No. 2, 169 – 177
- Johnston, CD, and Zemp, WR, 1991. “Flexural Fatigue performance of Steel Fiber reinforced concrete Influence of Fiber Content, Aspect Ratio, and Type”. ACI Material Journal, 88, No.4, pp. 374-383.
- J.Mater. “Mechanical Properties of Steel Fiber Reinforced Concrete”, Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, Volume 19, Issue 5, 2007
- Saravana Raja Mohan. K, Parthiban. K “Strength and behavior of Fly Ash based Steel Fiber Reinforced Concrete Composite.
- S. Hagihara, S. Nakamura, Y. Masuda, and M. Kono, “Experimental study on mechanical properties and creep behavior of high-strength concrete in early age,” Concrete Re-search and Technology, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 39–50, 2000 (Japanese).
- S.Swaddiwudhipong, H. R. Lu, and T. H.Wee, “Direct tension test and tensile strain capacity of concrete at early age,” Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 33, no. 12, pp. 2077–2084, 2003.
- T. J.Hirsh, “Modulus of elasticity of concrete affected by elastic module of cement paste matrix and aggregate,” ACI Journal, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 427–452,1962
- U. J. Counto, “The effect of the elastic modulus of the aggregate on the elastic modulus, creep and creep recovery of concrete,” Magazine of Concrete Research, vol. 16, pp. 129–138,1964.