Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : LOW-POWER DUAL DYNAMIC NODE PULSED HYBRID FLIP-FLOP FEATURING EFFICIENT EMBEDDED LOGIC
Volume 04 Issue 02 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 99-101
Abstract – Elliptic curve point multiplication (ECPM) is one of the most critical operations in elliptic curve cryptography. In this brief, a new hardware architecture for ECPM over GF( p) is presented, based on the residue number system (RNS). The proposed architecture encompasses RNS bases with various word-lengths in order to efficiently implement RNS Montgomery multiplication. Two architectures with four and six pipeline stages are presented, targeted on area-efficient and fast RNS Montgomery multiplication designs, respectively. The fast version of the proposed ECPM architecture achieves higher speeds and the area- efficient version achieves better area–delay trade offs compared to state- of-the-art implementations.
Keywords – Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC), Montgomery Multiplication, Residue Arithmetic, Residue Number System (RNS)
- N. Koblitz, “Elliptic curve cryptosystems,” Math. Comp., vol. 48, no. 177, pp. 203–209, 1987.
- V. S. Miller, “Use of elliptic curves in cryptography,” in Proc. Adv. Cryptology LNCS, 1986, pp. 47–426.
- I. Blake, G. Seroussi, and N. Smart, Elliptic Curves in Cryptography. Cambridge, U.K.: Cambridge Univ. Press, 2002.
- D. M. Schinianakis, A. P. Fournaris, H. E. Michail, A. P. Kakarountas, and T. Stouraitis, “An RNS implementation of an F p elliptic curve point multiplier,” IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. I, Reg. Papers, vol. 56, no. 6, pp 1202–1213, Jun. 2009.
- C. J. McIvor, M. McLoone, and J. V. McCanny, “Hardware elliptic curve cryptographic processor over GF(P) ,” IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. I, Reg. Papers, vol. 53, no. 9, pp. 1946–1957, Sep. 2006.
- G. Orlando and C. Paar, “A scalable GF(P) elliptic curve processor architecture for programmable hardware,” in Proc. Workshop Cryptograph. Hardware Embed. Syst. LNCS, 2001, pp. 348–363.
- S. B. Ors, L. Batina, B. Preneel, and J. Vandewalle, “Hardware implementation of an elliptic curve processor over GF(P) ,” in Proc. IEEE Appl.-Specific Syst. Arch. Process., Jun. 2003, pp. 433–443.
- N. Guillermin, “A high speed co processor for elliptic curve scalar multiplications over Fp ,” in Proc. CHES 12th Int. Conf. Cryptograph. Hardware Embed. Syst., 2010, pp. 48–64.
- S. Kawamura, M. Koike, F. Sano, and A. Shimbo, Cox Rower Architecture for Fast Parallel Montgomery Multiplication. New York: Springer- Verlag, 2000, pp. 523–538.
- J. C. Bajard, M. Kaihara, and T. Plantard, “Selected RNS bases for modular multiplication,” in Proc. IEEE 19th Int. Symp. Comput. Arith., Jun. 2009, pp. 25–32.