Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : SURVEY ON FAULT TOLERANCE OF PARALLEL FFT
Volume 04 Issue 02 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 106-109
Abstract – Single Event Effects represent an unwavering quality risk to present day electronic circuits. This makes insurance against delicate blunders a prerequisite for numerous applications. Communications and flag handling frameworks are no special cases to this pattern. For a few applications, a fascinating alternative is to utilize algorithmic-based fault tolerant techniques (ABFT) methods that attempt to abuse the algorithmic properties to distinguish and rectify mistakes. Flag preparing and correspondence applications are appropriate for ABFT. One illustration is quick Fourier changes (FFTs) that are a key building obstruct in numerous frameworks. A few insurance plans have been proposed to identify what’s more, right mistakes in FFTs. Among those, most likely the utilization of the Parseval alternately whole of squares check is the most generally known. In present day correspondence frameworks, it is progressively basic to discover a few squares working in parallel. As of late, a method that adventures this reality to actualize blame resilience on parallel channels has been proposed. In this short, this procedure is initially connected to secure FFTs. At that point, two enhanced insurance plans that consolidate the utilization of blunder rectification codes and Parseval checks are proposed and assessed. The outcomes demonstrate that the proposed plans can additionally diminish the execution cost of assurance.
Keywords – Error Correction Codes (ECCs), Fast Fourier Transforms (FFTs), Soft Errors
- Zhen Gao, Pedro Reviriego, Wen Pan, Zhan Xu, Ming Zhao,Jing Wang, and Juan Antonio Maestro “Fault Tolerant Parallel Filters Based on Error Correction Codes” IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) systems, February 23, 2015.
- Zhen Gao, Pedro Reviriego, Wen Pan, Zhan Xu, Ming Zhao,Jing Wang, and Juan Antonio Maestro “Efficient Coding Scheme For Fault Tolerant Parallel Filters” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, July 23, 2015.
- Zhen Gao, Pedro Reviriego, Wen Pan, Zhan Xu, Ming Zhao,Jing Wang, and Juan Antonio Maestro “Fault Tolerant Parallel FFTs Using Error Correction Codes and Parseval Checks” IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) systems, February 26, 2015.
- A. Reddy and P. Banarjee “Algorithm-based fault detection for signal processing applications,” IEEE Trans. Comput., vol. 39, no. 10,pp. 1304–1308, Oct. 1990.
- B. Shim and N. Shanbhag, “Energy-efficient soft error-tolerant digital signal processing,” IEEE Trans. Very Large Scale Integr. (VLSI) Syst., vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 336–348, Apr. 2006.
- T. Hitana and A. K. Deb, “Bridging concurrent and non-concurrent error detection in FIR FFT’s,” in Proc. Norchip Conf., 2004, pp. 75–78.
- Y.-H. Huang, “High-efficiency soft-error-tolerant digital signal processing using fine-grain subword-detection processing,” IEEE Trans. Very Large Scale Integr. (VLSI) Syst., vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 291–304, Feb. 2010.
- S. Pontarelli, G. C. Cardarilli, M. Re, and A. Salsano, “Totally fault tolerant RNS based FIR FFT’s,” in Proc. IEEE IOLTS, Jul. 2008, pp. 192–194.
- Z. Gao, W. Yang, X. Chen, M. Zhao, and J. Wang, “Fault missing rate analysis of the arithmetic residue codes based fault-tolerant FIR filter design,” in Proc. IEEE IOLTS, Jun. 2012, pp. 130–133.
- P. Reviriego, C. J. Bleakley, and J. A. Maestro, “Strutural DMR: A technique for implementation of soft-error tolerant FIR FFT’s,” IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst., Exp. Briefs, vol. 58, no. 8, pp. 512–516, Aug. 2011.
- P. P. Vaidyanathan. Multirate Systems and Filter Banks. Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA: Prentice-Hall, 1993.
- A. Sibille, C. Oestges, and A. Zanella, MIMO: From Theory to Implementation. San Francisco, CA, USA: Academic Press, 2010. Dept Of ECE
- P. Reviriego, S. Pontarelli, C. Bleakley, and J. A. Maestro, “Area efficient concurrent error detection and correction for parallel FFT’s,”IET Electron. Lett., vol. 48, no. 20, pp. 1258–1260, Sep. 2012
- M. Ergen, Mobile Broadband—Including WiMAX and LTE. New York,NY, USA: Springer-Verlag, 2009.
- P. Reviriego, S. Pontarelli, C. J. Bleakley, and J. A. Maestro, “Area efficient concurrent error detection and correction for parallel filters,”IET Electron. Lett., vol. 48, no. 20, pp. 1258–1260, Sep. 2012.
- Z. Gao et al., “Fault tolerant parallel filters based on error correction codes,” IEEE Trans. Very Large Scale Integr. (VLSI) Syst., vol. 23, no. 2,pp. 384–387, Feb. 2015.
- R. W. Hamming, “Error detecting and error correcting codes,” Bell Syst. Tech. J., vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 147–160, Apr. 1950.
- P. Reviriego, C. J. Bleakley, and J. A. Maestro, “A novel concurrent error detection technique for the fast Fourier transform,” in Proc. ISSC , Maynooth, Ireland, Jun. 2012, pp. 1–5.