Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : MAINTENANCE OF CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT IS IMPORTANT ON PRODUCTION IN COSTRUCTION PROJECT
Volume 04 Issue 03 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 1-5
Abstract – The contractor’s equipment policy and equipment management system have a great impact on the profitability of a firm, especially for contractors with large investment in equipment. The cost of equipment in civil engineering construction projects can range from 25-40% of the total project cost. In this paper information given about how the planned and proper maintenance is important for construction equipment for better production. The data given is monthly equipment utilization on site & various reasons for losses in cost and production construction equipment. Proper planning, selection, procurement, installation, operation & maintenance of construction equipment play important role in production in construction projects.
Keywords— Construction Equipment Maintenance, Type of Maintenance, Losses due to Improper Maintenance
- Pritam Mali and M.R. Apte, “ Effect of construction Equipment on Production in Building Construction project” MIT pune, in IJESRT vol 4 issue 6 pg 681-689 june 2015.
- Zane W. Mitchell, “A Statistical Analysis of Construction Equipment Repair Costs Using Field Data & The Cumulative Cost Model”, jr. in April 28,1998 Blacksburg, Virginia.
- Michael C. Vorster and Jesus M.De La Garza, “Construction Equipment Costs Associated with lack of Availability And Downtime”,.In 1990.
- ShalomoSelinger ,“Economic Service Life Of building Construction Equipment”, in 1983.
- Athanase I. Tsimberdonis, And E. LileMurphree Jr. “Equipment Management Through Operational Failure Costs”.