Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : PROJECT COMPLEXITY AND RISK MANAGEMENT (PROCRIM): TOWARDS MODELING PROJECT COMPLEXITY DRIVEN RISK PATHS IN CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS
Volume 04 Issue 03 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 37-41
Abstract – Construction projects in India are initiated in dynamic environment like labour challenges, strict government rules and regulations, increasing market competition, demand and supply fluctuations, time constraints, lack of timely investment, schedule and budget overrun. In case anything goes out of control, there is pressure from government officials and legislative. Hence the focus of construction industry is to deliver the project at earliest possible. There are many projects are delivered without investing on research and development due to limited time and attitude of not taking the risks. Hence there is an importance of implementing the project complexity and risks management in construction project development. This study evaluates the effective implementation of ProCRiM from civil architect point of view because according to risk management theories, the risk analysis is integrated during requirement and architecture phase.
Keywords – Construction Project Complexity, Project Risks and Path, Construction Project Challenges, Critical Path Method, Empirical Research
- Thamhain, H. (2013), Managing Risks in Complex Projects. Proj Mgmt Jrnl, 44: 20–35. doi:10.1002/pmj.21325
- Qazi, A., Quigley, J., Dickson, A., & Kirytopoulos, K. (2016). Project Complexity and Risk Management (ProCRiM): Towards modelling project complexity driven risk paths in software projects. International Journal of Project Management, 1(1), 8-9. Doi: 10.1016/j.ijproman.2016.05.008
- Baccarini D (1996) The concept of project complexity–a review. International Journal of Project Management 14: 201–204.
- Molenaar, K., R., & Songer, A., D. (1998). Model for public sector design-build projects selection. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management 124: 467-479.
- Patel, K., M., Dr. Bhatt, R., & Prof. Bhavsar, J., J. (2014). A Study of Risk Factors Affecting Building Construction Projects. International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, 3(12), 6-8.
- Boehm, B. (2005). Software Risk Management. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 1(19), 12-15.