Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : “AN EFFICIENT AUTHENTICATION OF PASSWORD USING DIFFERENT SERVER’’
Volume 04 Issue 03 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 51-53
Abstract – The main aim of this project is to authenticate a client by Encrypted key exchange (EKE) that runs in parallel, providing efficient services to users even if any of the server is compromised, the attacker still cannot pretend to be the client with the information from the compromised server. In a two-server password-authenticated key exchange (PAKE) protocol, a client splits its password and stores two shares of its password in the two servers, respectively, and the two servers then cooperate to authenticate the client without knowing the password of the client. In case one server is compromised by an adversary, the password of the client is required to remain secure. In this paper, we present two compilers that transform any two-party PAKE protocol to a two-server PAKE protocol on the basis of the identity-based cryptography, called ID2S PAKE protocol.
Keywords – Password-Authenticated Key Exchange, Identity-based Encryption and Signature, Diffie-Hellman Key Exchange, Decisional Diffie-Hellman Problem
- J. Katz, R. Ostrovsky, and M. Yung, “Efficient password-authenticated key exchange using human-memorable passwords,” in Proc. Int. Conf. Theory Appl. Cryptographic Techn.: Adv. Cryptology, 2001, pp. 457–494.
- J. Katz, P. MacKenzie, G. Taban, and V. Gligor, “Two-server password- only authenticated key exchange,” in Proc. 3rd Int. Conf., ACNS, 2005, pp. 1–16.
- P. MacKenzie, T. Shrimpton, and M. Jakobsson, “Threshold password- authenticated key exchange,” J. Cryptology, vol. 19, no. 1,pp. 27–66, 2006.
- K. G. Paterson and J. C.N. Schuldt, “Efficient identity-based signatures secure in the standard model,” in Proc. 11th Australasian Conf., 2006, pp. 207–222.
- M. DiRaimondo and R. Gennaro, “Provably secure threshold
password-authenticated key exchange,” J. Comput. Syst. Sci., vol.72, no. 6, pp. 978–1001, 2006.