Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : IMPLEMENTATION OF SMART SHOPPING THROUGH AUTOMATED BILLING TROLLEY
Volume 04 Issue 03 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 54-58
Abstract – Smart shopping will be creating a platform for smart city in future. This system is an automated one and even the billing can be easily made without the help of the cashier. It is a device which will be fitted in the pick and drop trolley in the departmental stores, which is movable. The billing can be done through a swipe machine and also through net banking via their smart phones. Here we use RFID instead of bar code reader. Each product will be given a unique ID, so that the billing will be made easily. Additionally the update of the product will be sent to the server. So if anyone of the product becomes null, it will send the intimation to the main server or master PC admin .Through GSM the OTP will be generated to the customer’s mobile number to start the shopping and also the purchased bill amount is generated. With the help of ZIGBEE, communication can be done from trolley to the main server. In our proposed system we use PIC microcontroller which is efficient in both cost and performance wise. The ultimate aim of this paper is automatic billing and progress towards Digital India. The customer’s time can be saved and man power can be reduced
Keywords – GSM, RFID, Automatic billing, OTP, ZIGBEE, PIC
- VarshaJalkote, Alay Patel, Vijaya Gawande, Manish Bharadia,Gitanjali R. Shinde, Aaradhana A Deshmukh, Futuristic Trolley for Intelligent Billing with Amalgamation of RFID and ZIGBEE, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887)International Conference on Recent Trends in engineering &Technology – 20 13(lCRTET’2013).
- RupaliSawant, Kripa Krishnan, ShwetaBhokre, PriyankaBhosale, The RFID Based Smart Shopping Cart, International Journal of Engineering Research and General Science Volume3, Issue 2, March-April, 20 15 ISSN 209 1-2730.
- Kalyani Dawkhar, Shraddha Dhomase, Samruddhi Mahabaleshwarkar, “Electronic Shopping Cart For Effective Shopping based on RFID”, International journal of innovative research in electrical, electronics, Instrumentation and management engineering vol. 3, issue 1, Jan 20 15.
- Galande Jayshree,Rutuja Gholap, Preeti Yadav, RFID Based Automatic Billing Trolley, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering Website: www.ijetae.com (ISSN 2250-2459, ISO 9001:2008 Certified Journal, Volume 4, Issue 3, March 20 14).
- Raju Kumar, K. Gopalakrishna, K. Ramesha, Intelligent Shopping Cart, International Journal of Engineering Science and Innovative Technology (lJESlT) Volume 2, Issue 4, July 20 13.
- Zeeshan Ali, Reena Sonkusare, RFID Based Smart Shopping and Billing, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering Vol. 2, Issue 12, December 20 13.
- Udita Gangwal, Sanchita Roy, Jyotsna Bapat, Smart Shopping Cart for Automated Billing Purpose using Wireless Sensor Networks, International Institute of Information Technology – Bangalore Bangalore, India e-mail: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] sensor comm 2013: The Seventh International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications.
- Vrinda Gupta, Niharika Garg, Analytical Model for Automating Purchases using RFID- enabled Shelf and Cart, International Journal of Information and Computation Technology. ISSN0974-2239 Volume 4, NumberS (20 14).
- Ashmeet Kaur, Avni Garg, Abhishek Verma, Akshay Bansal, Arvinder Singh, Arduino Based Smart Cart, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering & Technology (IJARCET) Volume2, Issue 12, December 20 13.
- Satish Kamble, Sachin Meshram, Rahul Thokal, Roshan Gakre, Developing a Multitasking Shopping Trolley Based On RFID Technology, International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering (USCE) ISSN: 223 1-2307, Volume-3, Issue-6, January 20 14.
- Saleem Ulla Shariff, J C Narayanaswamy and Dr. D Seshachalam, “Beaglebone black based E-System and Advertisement Revenue Hike Scheme for Bangalore City Public transportation system”, IEEE 2nd International Conference on Applied and Theoretical Computing and Communication Technology (iCATccT), 20 16, pp 803- 808.
- Saleem Ulla Shariff, Amaranatha C, Ravi Anand Jadhav, Dr. K Suresh Babu and Maheboob Hussain, “Face and Bio-Metric Based Attendance and Security System using RFlD and Arduino”, 4th National Conference on Networking, Embedded and Wireless Systems NEWS-20 16, International Journal of Electrical Electronics & Computer Science Engineering Special Issue – NEWS 20 161 E-ISSN : 2348-22731 P-ISSN: 2454- 1222, pages 84-89.